Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Now that was entertaining!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaveInOroValley
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2010
    • 8968

    Now that was entertaining!

    Just got done watching my Sister in law open a 440 round tin of 7.62X54 using a hammer, a screwdriver,vise grips,and kitchen shears.

    Mangled that poor tin can pretty good but success was hers and now I have stripper clip duty.
    NRA Life Member

    Vet since 1978

    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn
  • #2
    finloq
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 523

    Tin snips for $5 at Lowes. Can opened in less than 30 seconds.
    "Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

    Comment

    • #3
      DaveInOroValley
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jan 2010
      • 8968

      I actually have a pair but they are lost in the tool box maze somewhere, that was my first suggestion too.
      NRA Life Member

      Vet since 1978

      "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

      Comment

      • #4
        Rekrab
        Valar Dohaeris
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • May 2009
        • 5534

        Why is she the one opening these...?
        Beretta PX4 Storm .40 S&W (Round Count 3,050) | Yugo M72 | Romy M44

        Big Ammo Sale!
        Harris Bipod and Bushnell Elite 3200 Scope for Sale

        Comment

        • #5
          LoneWolf1
          Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 483

          Sorry, couldn't resist

          Originally posted by Ballistic043
          "sir, if its cool and serves a valid function its not gonna be legal here."

          Comment

          • #6
            SilentPea
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 528

            Just opened mine last week with a $0 hammer and a $5 cold chisel. Took about 5 minutes of actual banging to open about half the top. I wish I could grab another can just to practice opening it :P

            Comment

            • #7
              DaveInOroValley
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Jan 2010
              • 8968

              Originally posted by Rekrab
              Why is she the one opening these...?
              She bragged, "NO PROBLEM" it'll be easy so I obliged her , and if you all really want I can take a picture of the can. I may even use it as my avatar.
              NRA Life Member

              Vet since 1978

              "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

              Comment

              • #8
                DaveInOroValley
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jan 2010
                • 8968

                And......drum roll..........
                Attached Files
                NRA Life Member

                Vet since 1978

                "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

                Comment

                • #9
                  mosinnagantm9130
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2009
                  • 8783

                  ^^Looks like it exploded from the inside!
                  Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                  My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                  Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                  Originally posted by ChopperX
                  I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                  Originally posted by Jeff L
                  Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mauser98k
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 819

                    Originally posted by daveinwoodland
                    And......drum roll..........
                    i wouldn't do it down the middle. the risk of striking a primer is too high. i go around the edge

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      pullnshoot25
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 8068

                      Originally posted by mosinnagantm9130
                      ^^Looks like it exploded from the inside!
                      Alien!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Dr.Mauser
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 1862

                        Originally posted by daveinwoodland
                        And......drum roll..........
                        DEAR JESUS MAN! That looks like my chest after my wife gets mad!
                        !!WANT TO BUY and looking for shooter/beater/reenacting grade German Waffen proofed handguns from the WWII era. I just want shooters, Im not looking to spend oodles of money, I just want shootable examples to play with!!

                        !!!Also looking for a shooter/rack grade USGI M1 Carbine (Earlier the date the better)!!!

                        Wanna help me out? Email me at: mauser3340@gmail.com

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          DisgruntledReaper
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 1863

                          determined wasnt she!? should have popped a bag near her at some point!-HAHAHHAHA!

                          Of course she may come after you with the tools

                          I assume you were like-

                          She was like
                          'There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.'

                          'I have so many good karma points I am approaching Saint Hood'

                          "They tell you of a laundry detergent that takes out bloodstains- I'm thinking that if you have clothes covered in bloodstains-maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem"

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            a1c
                            CGSSA Coordinator
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 9098

                            I would have hated being the grunt in the field having to open one of these suckers while under fire.
                            WTB: French & Finnish firearms. WTS: raw honey, tumbled .45 ACP brass, stupid cat.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              rrr70
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2008
                              • 1832

                              Originally posted by daveinwoodland
                              She bragged, "NO PROBLEM" it'll be easy so I obliged her , and if you all really want I can take a picture of the can. I may even use it as my avatar.
                              We know how the open Russkie tin can looks like. What we WANT to know is to how you sister look like.
                              "The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory" Jeff Cooper

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1