Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Thursday is the day

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DaveInOroValley
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2010
    • 8968

    Thursday is the day

    If you remember an earlier post I made in regards to my Dad deciding he wanted to get some pristine C&R material to me so I could use it it appears I will be picking up the goodies on Thursday.

    So far this is what I am told, what I haven't been told is there are many other surprises awaiting my review of his safe. What that means, one can only guess.

    I will do the best I can to post up pictures by the weekend and should have an inventory by then.

    Items I know I am picking up:

    1. M1 Garand.
    2. M1 Carbine.
    3. 6.55MM Swedish Mauser.
    4. Untold number of non corrosive surplus ammo for each caliber.
    5. Accessories for all the above. Bag loads of Garand clips and Carbine magazines.

    I am wishing now I had gone for that bigger safe.

    Christmas in February!!!!!
    NRA Life Member

    Vet since 1978

    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn
  • #2
    cmichini
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 1739

    Originally posted by daveinwoodland
    If you remember an earlier post I made in regards to my Dad deciding he wanted to get some pristine C&R material to me so I could use it it appears I will be picking up the goodies on Thursday.

    So far this is what I am told, what I haven't been told is there are many other surprises awaiting my review of his safe. What that means, one can only guess.

    I will do the best I can to post up pictures by the weekend and should have an inventory by then.

    Items I know I am picking up:

    1. M1 Garand.
    2. M1 Carbine.
    3. 6.55MM Swedish Mauser.
    4. Untold number of non corrosive surplus ammo for each caliber.
    5. Accessories for all the above. Bag loads of Garand clips and Carbine magazines.

    I am wishing now I had gone for that bigger safe.

    Christmas in February!!!!!
    Make sure the carbine magazines are disassembled if they're USGI +10 rounders otherwise that's taboo to transfer or import into the People's Republik.
    NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

    Comment

    • #3
      DaveInOroValley
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jan 2010
      • 8968

      Will do that, thanks! cmichini
      NRA Life Member

      Vet since 1978

      "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

      Comment

      • #4
        smle-man
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2007
        • 10606

        What a nice dad. I've started giving some of my firearms to my adult kids too. Trouble is I keep buying guns to replace the ones I've given to them!

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by smle-man
          What a nice dad. I've started giving some of my firearms to my adult kids too. Trouble is I keep buying guns to replace the ones I've given to them!
          no harm in doing that, it just gun safe cleaning and replenishing.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1