Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Late Mosin night.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • indobos72
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 722

    Late Mosin night.

    Me and my son worked on these all night. It was fun and we haven't even shot them yet. Looking forward to many years of fun with these and my kids. These are our first Mosins. How they look?


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • #2
    NaughtyMonkey
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1832

    Very nice Mosins you got there, I love working on my rifles with my dad. Father, son moments.
    -General George S. Patton Jr.
    "In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised."

    http://m1family.com
    M1 Carbine Dedicated forum.

    Comment

    • #3
      indobos72
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 722

      Thanks. These are Big 5 Specials. Bit the bullet and got two of them they looked so good. I was disappointed at first because I thought the dragoon, at least I think that's what it is, had a bad pitted barrel because they didn't let me inspect the barrel. Bit I cleaned it out with hoppes #9 and oh so gorgeous. Yep father and son moment and we are both hooked. We took our time and it paid off.

      Comment

      • #4
        NaughtyMonkey
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 1832

        First C&R's? Well you can go to www.7.62X54R.net and you can find out all you will ever want to know about your mosins.
        -General George S. Patton Jr.
        "In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised."

        http://m1family.com
        M1 Carbine Dedicated forum.

        Comment

        • #5
          johnthomas
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2009
          • 7001

          This is a good site, if you shoot and have light strikes, you need to adjust firing pin protrusion.
          I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

          Comment

          • #6
            indobos72
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 722

            Originally posted by johnthomas
            This is a good site, if you shoot and have light strikes, you need to adjust firing pin protrusion.
            Im pretty sure I figured how to adjust the firing pin when I assembled the bolt. I will look into that. I have that site bookmarked. Thanks.

            Comment

            • #7
              laika
              Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 384

              These big 5 rifles are such a good deal and so bullet proof. Congrats. And with big 5 (and many other suppliers, I know) you get the original russian toolkit too so you're good to go if adjusting the firing pin - something I have yet to have to do in many m/n purchases at big 5 or here. Have a great time!
              Originally posted by Rally Dave
              Haha....too much AR shooting and you become a wennie!
              The cure: Buy a Mosin M44 and shoot 100 rounds as fast as you can. When you can handle that, you are good to go.
              7.62X54R Скалы
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Rem222
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 1332

                I have not seen any Mosins at my local Big 5 with stocks that nice. Great pick up...

                Comment

                • #9
                  seanbo
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 1161

                  Your going to love em!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1