Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rashid Carbine

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • westcoast362
    Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 465

    Rashid Carbine

    I just thought I would show you folks a couple of pictures of my Rashid Carbine. I have owned it for over twenty years. It is in 7.62x39, and I believe there were about 5000 made.

  • #2

    nice, sleek lines and rare, very good.

    Comment

    • #3
      Saigon1965
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2003
      • 17278

      Your's is in superb condition -

      Here's mine -

      Comment

      • #4
        westcoast362
        Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 465

        I would like to know what the proper sling for it is.
        Between the two of us there is only 4998 left, time to start looking.

        Comment

        • #5
          dfletcher
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Dec 2006
          • 14811

          I was at SJGE earlier today, bought a Remington 572 - they have a Rasheed but I don't know the caliber. I know the price was up there, so perhaps .....?
          GOA Member & SAF Life Member

          Comment

          • #6
            Anchors
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2010
            • 5940

            I'll take it!

            Comment

            • #7
              johnthomas
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2009
              • 7001

              Westcoast, the stock on your gun looks like it was refinished at some point. The wood grain is showing through. The second one posted looks more opaque where you cannot see the grain. They both look good, I prefer the wood grain look. I just put the 5th coat of Tru Oilon a thrashed Hakim stock. You couldn't see the grain before, I used a translucent stain. It looks great now. Your stock looks like the same wood, does it have tiger stripe looking grain on it?
              Last edited by johnthomas; 01-15-2011, 10:50 PM.
              I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

              Comment

              • #8
                westcoast362
                Member
                • Nov 2007
                • 465

                I hasn't been sanded, because it has a rack number painted on the left side of the butt in Arabic.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Saigon1965
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 17278

                  Everything I've read out there is unclear - So off we go to look some more -

                  Originally posted by westcoast362
                  I would like to know what the proper sling for it is.
                  Between the two of us there is only 4998 left, time to start looking.

                  Cal is 7.62x39 -

                  Originally posted by dfletcher
                  I was at SJGE earlier today, bought a Remington 572 - they have a Rasheed but I don't know the caliber. I know the price was up there, so perhaps .....?

                  They're out there - I just saw one on Gunbroker -

                  Originally posted by RyanAnchors
                  I'll take it!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Anchors
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 5940

                    Wow not as expensive as I thought either.
                    Might have to get on this before it is too late.
                    I like that it looks like an SKS, but has a detachable magazine and the combination won't get you hosed in CA since it is not an "SKS".

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1