Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

sks battlesight zero at 25 yards

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • comblock
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 1318

    sks battlesight zero at 25 yards

    I used the google seach on calguns and didn't find a straight answer with regards to the sks for sighting. So, i just want to verify if others are doing the same sighting in on their sks. This is what i plan on doing ( this is at 25 yards@ )
    1. Move rear sight to the 100 m setting.
    2. Set the target at 25 yards( 1.5 yards shorter than the 25 m)
    3. Point of aim using a 6 oclock hold aiming at thebottom center of the target.
    4. Five shots point of contact hitting point of aim.
    This should be good for 0-300 yards.
    Last edited by comblock; 12-02-2010, 3:15 PM.
  • #2
    LazyAndy
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 65

    Yep that's it. Basically identical to the AK47 battlesight zero. I would just zero to POA/POI instead of the 6 o clock hold unless you prefer to shoot like that.

    Comment

    • #3
      Moress
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 712

      The sights on my Yugo SKS are kinda weird. I just keep them furthest back and it does me good up to 200 yards (I haven't shot past that with it yet). I don't know if the 7.62x39 is a really flat shooting cartridge or what, but it's kinda nice not having to sight it in.
      Freshly graduated Aircraft Structural Stress/Weights engineer looking for work!

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1