Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Favorite Mosin

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lex
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 1232

    Favorite Mosin

    Which model you like the best and why.
    Beyond a Camper
  • #2
    rojocorsa
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2008
    • 9139

    91/30

    That's what I own.
    sigpic
    7-6-2 FTMFW!

    "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

    Comment

    • #3
      cruddymutt
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 1589

      91/30 PEM side mount sniper. It took me months to restore mine and you just dont see that many of them. Plus it is way too cool to shoot.
      sigpic
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

      Comment

      • #4
        savasyn
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2007
        • 3201

        M39, superior to the Russian units and the arctic birch stocks are often beautifully figured.



        Last edited by savasyn; 11-22-2010, 10:09 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          Flyin Brian
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          • Oct 2009
          • 3395

          It's hard to pick a favorite, but since this one is so much fun to shoot, I'll have to say it's on the short list



          The three corners of the large triangle are 1.5" and the small group of three is 1/2".
          NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

          I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

          Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
          I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

          Comment

          • #6
            Vlad 11
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2009
            • 2961

            Im going to go with my 1941 Izhevsk M-38. Its an early '41 low wall and the metal has a soft rounding to it like its been shouldered and handled a lot. Of all my Mosins, I think this one would have the best stories to tell. It is a refurb, however it is a really strange one. The bore has definitely seen some rounds but it has a mirror shine and I'm always amazed how accurate it shoots.



            Comment

            • #7
              rojocorsa
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2008
              • 9139

              I'll expand on my earlier post...

              My '43 Izzy round 91/30 is so rough on the outside that they didn't even stamp the numbers clearly. But I like it that, I think that extra metal left on it acts like a special heatsink, because it will not heat up like other Mosins do, even with the moderate ROF I use.

              This was also my very first gun that I bought with my money. Sure, I like my Enfield No.4 a lot, but the Mosin is part of the Great Patriotic War. It can be said that I am somewhat of a Russophile, and my vintovka is my connection to that--even if I personally have nothing to do with Russia.

              Соловьи


              That video gets extra points for being Russian because there's even a Lada Volga in it...



              Last edited by rojocorsa; 11-23-2010, 1:03 AM.
              sigpic
              7-6-2 FTMFW!

              "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

              Comment

              • #8
                7.62x54R
                Senior Member
                • May 2009
                • 1602

                M39 hands down.
                Originally posted by rkt88edmo
                MOOOOOOO!!!
                Originally posted by Notorious
                fight the power.
                Originally posted by Ford8N
                I have one request, will all the fatties please take a shower and use some deodorant before you go to the show.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SeanCasey
                  Now in AZ
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1562

                  All of them of course!

                  I love my 91/59, but will need to get at least a 91/30 and M44. Probably a few more while I'm at it.
                  -Sean Casey

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    pullnshoot25
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 8068

                    Right now, my P-series Mosins and my 1968 Finnish M39 top the list.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Milsurps
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 2232

                      Originally posted by Lex
                      Which model you like the best and why.
                      Currently shoot 91/30's and M44's. Love them all.
                      Want 38's and 39's. I'm a total sucker for Hex receivers.
                      sigpic
                      Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

                      NRA Patron Member
                      NRA Range Safety Officer
                      California Rifle & Pistol Association Member


                      I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
                      كافر

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Howie44
                        C3 Specialist
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Sep 2002
                        • 2005

                        Originally posted by 7.62x54R
                        M39 hands down.
                        ^^^ THIS!!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          mauser98k
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 819

                          91/30...no, wait. the M38...no the M39. hell i can't choose!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Timbob55
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 1046

                            M44 with laminated stock. Very accurate. Breathes fire.
                            Tim Harris
                            CWO3 USCG (ret)

                            "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
                            Gen. Douglas MacArthur


                            Requiro Pax Sed Praeparo Nam Bellum

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Noonanda
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 3404

                              All time Favorite is my M-38, this is what got me into collecting Milsurps


                              My most accurate would be both of my of my M-28/76's
                              "You see in this world theres two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... You Dig" Blondie from TGBU

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1