Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Soft case for MN 91/30??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Army GI
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 4284

    Soft case for MN 91/30??

    Does anyone know any softcases that will fit a M91/30? I have gone to all the local gun stores and nobody has any softcases that can fit this rifle.

    Anyone know any good websites I can buy one that will fit it? Also, what size does the case need to be?
    I purge the wicked. The impious madness must end. I shall be the instrument of Armageddon. It has gotten out of hand...
    WTB: Winchester /Miroki 1895 .30-06; No1. Mk. III SMLE .303 British; M96 Swedish Mauser 6.5x55mm; M39 Finnish Mosin 7.62x54r; S&W 625 .45 ACP; Glock 17.
  • #2
    21SF
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 3491

    They have some long soft cases at Canyon Sports.
    SA TRP Half rail, Glock 21SF, Spikes St-15, Ruger Alaskan .44, Saiga 7.62, GSSF Member
    Diablo Rod & Gun Club
    Originally posted by keenkeen
    "What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

    Comment

    • #3
      nmerced
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2010
      • 2673

      Case needs to be 52" or more. I bought a cheapo $10 52" soft case for my Mosin. It lengthwise fits ok but I have to remove the bolt to make the zippers close.
      The bullets with my name on it I'm not worried about, it's the "To whom it may concern" ones I'm worried about.

      Comment

      • #4
        Flyin Brian
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        • Oct 2009
        • 3395

        A 91/30 will fit in a 50" (inside) case and a M-1891 will need a 52" minimum.

        Cabelas sells these heavy canvas scoped rifle cases that work really well: Item No: IK-224030 They are available up to 50" in this style. They also have a shotgun version that goes 52" and could be used on an M-1891 Mosin.

        I also have a nice case made by Allen that works great for a 91/30, Garand, Springfield 1903, etc etc : http://www.allencompany.net/gun-case...tgun-case.html I bought mine at the Code of the west gunshow, but I'm sure you could find one at Cabelas or another online sporting goods store.
        NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

        I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

        Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
        I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

        Comment

        • #5
          Peter.Steele
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2010
          • 7351

          Search Amazon for Allen rifle cases. They have several in the 50+ inch variety. I have one of theirs for my 91/30's, got it at Big 5. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't fit the PU with the scope. It's also too narrow to comfortably fit my AR.
          NRA Life Member

          No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            vincentk
            Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 147

            When my friend got his Mosin, we got him an Allen case from Big5.

            Comment

            • #7
              Quinc
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 3011

              Walmart 15$
              Shop Amazon and contribute to CGF!
              click this link before going to amazon.com
              http://www.shop42a.com

              sigpic
              www.appleseedinfo.org

              "Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson

              Comment

              • #8
                Captain Cogle
                Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 289

                Make them or look into musket cases. Try Track of the Wolf.
                "And away to the hills, to the caves and the rocks. Here I own a usurper I'll couch with the fox. So tremble false whigs in the midst of your glee. For you've not seen the last of my bonnets and me"
                Lyrics from the song "Bonnie Dundee"
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  laika
                  Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 384

                  +1 on the brown (winchester?) walmart cases, fit good and the price is right which should be important to any m/n owner!
                  Originally posted by Rally Dave
                  Haha....too much AR shooting and you become a wennie!
                  The cure: Buy a Mosin M44 and shoot 100 rounds as fast as you can. When you can handle that, you are good to go.
                  7.62X54R Скалы
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bplvr
                    Senior Member
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 3946

                    just get a case for a black powder rifle,they are available up to 60".
                    "America will never be destroyed from the outside.
                    If we falter and lose our freedoms,it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

                    -Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
                    =======================================
                    "Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
                    - Benjamin Franklin -1775
                    =======================================

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Army GI
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 4284

                      Thanks everyone!
                      I purge the wicked. The impious madness must end. I shall be the instrument of Armageddon. It has gotten out of hand...
                      WTB: Winchester /Miroki 1895 .30-06; No1. Mk. III SMLE .303 British; M96 Swedish Mauser 6.5x55mm; M39 Finnish Mosin 7.62x54r; S&W 625 .45 ACP; Glock 17.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Dr.Mauser
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 1862

                        lol I just bought mine at Cabela's in Lacey,Wa
                        !!WANT TO BUY and looking for shooter/beater/reenacting grade German Waffen proofed handguns from the WWII era. I just want shooters, Im not looking to spend oodles of money, I just want shootable examples to play with!!

                        !!!Also looking for a shooter/rack grade USGI M1 Carbine (Earlier the date the better)!!!

                        Wanna help me out? Email me at: mauser3340@gmail.com

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1