Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

"Oswald " Carcano Slings

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bplvr
    Senior Member
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jun 2008
    • 3946

    "Oswald " Carcano Slings

    .....are almost impossible to find as they are part of the M13 Colt Aircrewman holster set.
    However ,...I have an original sling set that cost me a bunch. soooooo,
    I found a leather smith who will dupe them so only a real pro could tell them apart, BUT there will be 2 purposeful errors to keep people from passing them off as original . I ordered 3 from him @ $75.00 each. If you think that is high,
    try finding WW2 rivets. They also required an aluminum die for the kidney piece.
    With all the dyeing ,cost of 2 different pieces of leather ,and labor, I thought the price to be fair.

    If anyone wants one or more reply here and I'll add them to my order of three. He will start on my order in 3 weeks. USPS MO +$5.00 Priority shipping.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside.
    If we falter and lose our freedoms,it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

    -Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
    =======================================
    "Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
    - Benjamin Franklin -1775
    =======================================
  • #2
    121454
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 5

    Oswald Carcano Sling

    I'm all in for one!!!!!!! Yes, they are very difficult to locate. Please send me the ordering info and I will get a USPS MO out to you. Thanks!!!!

    Comment

    • #3
      harmoniums
      Veteran Member
      • May 2008
      • 3488

      I'll take one also
      WTB Irish firearms:
      old SxS shotguns, Enfields (Irish contract or FF marked), RIC marked carbines or revolvers, odd ball flintlocks.

      VZ58 PARTS F/S - I've got everything except magazine parts
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Woodymyster
        Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 418

        For some reason, I thought the sling belonged to a camera... Was that something else, or am I just way off in general.
        southsac916
        When you are done with toys, get a Glock.
        AlbcAlbrr
        When you're done with the tupperware, get a Sig.

        Comment

        • #5
          bplvr
          Senior Member
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jun 2008
          • 3946

          here is the group of 3 ,no camera strap .............
          Attached Files
          "America will never be destroyed from the outside.
          If we falter and lose our freedoms,it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

          -Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
          =======================================
          "Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
          - Benjamin Franklin -1775
          =======================================

          Comment

          • #6
            121454
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2010
            • 5

            Yep, It was a strap from a USAF M13 Aircrewman shoulder/chest strap or harness from the 1950's (late). Very difficult to find.

            Comment

            • #7
              bplvr
              Senior Member
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jun 2008
              • 3946

              My original sling set was $350.00 . and it took me YEARS to find.
              "America will never be destroyed from the outside.
              If we falter and lose our freedoms,it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

              -Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
              =======================================
              "Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
              - Benjamin Franklin -1775
              =======================================

              Comment

              • #8
                harmoniums
                Veteran Member
                • May 2008
                • 3488

                So any update on this?
                WTB Irish firearms:
                old SxS shotguns, Enfields (Irish contract or FF marked), RIC marked carbines or revolvers, odd ball flintlocks.

                VZ58 PARTS F/S - I've got everything except magazine parts
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  bplvr
                  Senior Member
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jun 2008
                  • 3946

                  I meet with my leather smith tomorrow .I am ordering 6 sling sets total.
                  Delivery will be....when they are finished. I'd guess 2-4 weeks. We are on a waiting list. I will get to inspect first article.
                  Be patient. ...... {it took me almost 10 years to find an original sling set}
                  "America will never be destroyed from the outside.
                  If we falter and lose our freedoms,it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

                  -Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
                  =======================================
                  "Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
                  - Benjamin Franklin -1775
                  =======================================

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    menken
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 11

                    bplvr:

                    The pic you posted showing the sling; was that the original or one of the repro's? Can you take a couple closeups of the rivits, snaps, etc?

                    Thanks, Gordo

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bplvr
                      Senior Member
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 3946

                      Originally posted by menken
                      bplvr:

                      The pic you posted showing the sling; was that the original or one of the repro's? Can you take a couple closeups of the rivits, snaps, etc?

                      Thanks, Gordo
                      that is my original sling set
                      "America will never be destroyed from the outside.
                      If we falter and lose our freedoms,it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

                      -Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
                      =======================================
                      "Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
                      - Benjamin Franklin -1775
                      =======================================

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        menken
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 11

                        can I trouble you for some measurements?

                        I need a winter project, so I think I'll try to make up 1 or two. The only part I don't have pretty good measurements for is the 'kidney'. When you have a minute could you measure that thing for me; namely: length, width and the depth of that 'belly' in it?

                        THanks much,
                        GOrdon in PA
                        Attached Files

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bplvr
                          Senior Member
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 3946

                          Originally posted by 121454
                          Have a reproduction available on Ebay and will be listing on Gunbrokers shortly. May list more if there is a demand for them. Thanks, Ken (and Gordo)
                          .
                          .
                          .
                          .
                          . What an EXCELLENT job of crapping my thread !! Not only do you crap it ,but you advertise your sling on it.
                          "America will never be destroyed from the outside.
                          If we falter and lose our freedoms,it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

                          -Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
                          =======================================
                          "Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
                          - Benjamin Franklin -1775
                          =======================================

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            121454
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 5

                            I sent you a private message regarding my posting a repro sling that I am offering. Now I feel that I need to apologize to you publicly. My intention was not to offend or upset you or anyone else. Gordo had nothing to do with this. I am new at these forums and am not knowledgable on the proper etiquette involved. Again, my sincere apologies. I removed the posting. Ken
                            Last edited by 121454; 03-13-2011, 9:38 AM. Reason: update

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1