Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

field strip a hakim

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mdouglas1980
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 871

    field strip a hakim

    I was reading in my little manual that came with it and it sounds a little foreboding. It seems like it's pretty straight forward and I would have liked to have done it at least once before shooting it. So I know my fellow calgunners have them and I was wondering if it's just sounding scary and really isn't. Also should I also clean the gas system if shooting corrosive surplus through it, and if so how the heck to I go about doing that?
    Thanks
  • #2
    Eat Dirt
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2007
    • 9731

    Here's a good place to look for looking how to break down the Hakim



    Really good info. Picture by picture on how to do it
    After the first time it will be a snap ............
    At least there are No little parts to roll away

    Now for cleaning the gas system .. I shoot some bore cleaner into the gas tube above the barrel untill it dripd down into the barrel
    Then use some long pipe cleaners ( get them at Wal-Mart art and craft section ) and stuff them all the way into the gas tube to get any crud out
    Them start cleaning the barrel like usuall
    Last edited by Eat Dirt; 09-04-2010, 10:52 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

    I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns

    Comment

    • #3
      TRAP55
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2008
      • 5536

      Garand thumb hurts, Hakim thumb damned near amputates!
      Follow those directions, pay attention to Figure 10 and the instructions with it, that spring will put stuff into low orbit.
      Other than that, one of the easiest to field strip.

      Comment

      • #4
        Someguy925
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2007
        • 572

        I've heard the gas tube is made of stainless steel, so it won't corrode so easily. But good idea to clean it out once in a while with pipe cleaner.

        Comment

        • #5
          mdouglas1980
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2008
          • 871

          thanks again everyone. I striped it tonight and it was actually really easy, but what do they make a 7.92 bore brush? I just realized I don't have one for my Hakim

          Comment

          • #6
            Paul S
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 1847

            Originally posted by mdouglas1980
            thanks again everyone. I striped it tonight and it was actually really easy, but what do they make a 7.92 bore brush? I just realized I don't have one for my Hakim
            You'll surely get advise from guys more knowledgeable than I... but
            my .30 caliber cleaning kit lists the bronze brush as suitable for .30, .32 & 8 mm. That surely seems to me it would work well in your 7.92 Hakim.

            Paul S
            Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

            Comment

            • #7
              Nodda Duma
              • Nov 2007
              • 3455

              You can easily find an 8mm bore brush

              Clean gas port valve area. That is not stainless unlike the tube, and sees lots of corrosion.
              Looking for photos for your wall?
              Help feed my children by clicking here.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1