Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need help putting a value on some old guns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nat
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 709

    Need help putting a value on some old guns

    One of the wifey's friends has 2 old guns she was thinking about selling, so I told her I would help her out

    First gun:
    Winchester Model 94
    26" octagonal barrel
    curved but plate
    32-40
    s/n: 481xxx

    I think it was made in 1909. The condidition isn't too bad. There is some spots of rust a couple places and the action is stiff as hell. It needs cleaning and oiling.


    Second gun:
    M.S. Revolver Co.
    Breech loading revolver
    5 shots
    s/n: 52xx
    not sure of the caliber

    This pistol has bakelite? grips that say U.S. on them. The grip is missing a little chunk out of it. The action is stiff and needs oiling/cleaning. The cylinder is approximately 1.22" long and it looks like the chamber diamteter is 3/8 (I need to measure more accurately), could this be a .38 special?

    I'll try and get some pics this morning and post them up.
    Last edited by nat; 05-29-2010, 11:36 AM.
  • #2
    TRAP55
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2008
    • 5536

    The 1894 left the Polishing Room in 1911.
    Are you sure the handgun says M.S. Revolver Co. or U.S. Revolver Co.?
    Most likely chambered for .38 S&W?
    They were an inexpensive version of an Iver Johnson. When you have pics of it and a serial number, contact Bill Goforth, and he'll give you a manufacture date and some details on it. http://iverjohnsoncollector.x10hosting.com/

    Comment

    • #3
      nat
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 709

      I think you are right, the revolver says U.S. Revolver. My eyes are getting pretty bad.....lol

      Here are some pics.
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • #4
      • #5
        nat
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 709

        Last couple
        Attached Files

        Comment

        • #6
          TRAP55
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2008
          • 5536

          Nat, oil that Winchester!!!
          From the pics and my old eyes, it looks un-messed with. I can't see any special features, but the .32-40 brings a premium. Without hands on, a rough guesstimate would be $1400 to $1700. A Cody letter if available, would give it a bump up.
          Very important for value, just oil it good. Collectors knock a bunch off just for small things like buggered screw heads. PM me if you want me to hook you up with some collectors you'll get a fair price from.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1