Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My first milsurp rifles

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Fot
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 1611

    My first milsurp rifles

    Finally took the plunge.




    Originally posted by FastFinger
    We are a dynamic community that reflects society at large. If there is a trait that distinguishes us it is that we're protectors of the the infirm, the elderly, and defenseless women (often sorority sisters who like beer & pillow fights). That means that at some point we may be called on to do battle with zombies. That is nothing to be ashamed of. .
  • #2
    flying2275
    Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 268

    Nice stock on that Mosin but your sling is installed backwards.

    Comment

    • #3
      77bawls
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 1457

      Good choice on the Beam Black.
      Originally posted by Munk
      If you have a metal box that has "Anthrax" written on the side, are you a terrorist? or just a fan of a great band?
      "Those who would ban extended magazines, will say that although hundreds of thousands are in circulation and thousands more will surely be sold before a ban is enacted, it will be worth it if it saves just one life. But the other half of that question must be asked, too: Is it worth it if it costs just one life?" Stephen Hunter
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Tacom
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 762

        Very nice

        Comment

        • #5
          Rem222
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 1332

          I like the Mosin... Very good pick up. The Jim Beam looks nice as well...

          Comment

          • #6
            RudyN
            Senior Member
            • May 2007
            • 2288

            Great on you first Milsurps. I started with a M1 Garand from CMP and now have about 15 different milsurps. You will enjoy collecting them for sure as it is a lot of fun and you also learn about history.
            Rudy N
            NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
            CRPA MEMBER

            Comment

            • #7
              Fot
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 1611

              Originally posted by flying2275
              Nice stock on that Mosin but your sling is installed backwards.
              I had a 50/50 chance and screwed it up..lol

              Originally posted by 77bawls
              Good choice on the Beam Black.
              Funny I thought my cheap rum would get the attention in the pic..lol

              Originally posted by RudyN
              Great on you first Milsurps. I started with a M1 Garand from CMP and now have about 15 different milsurps. You will enjoy collecting them for sure as it is a lot of fun and you also learn about history.
              Think the Garand will be my next gun after I finish my AR, unless I stumble on a good deal else where
              Originally posted by FastFinger
              We are a dynamic community that reflects society at large. If there is a trait that distinguishes us it is that we're protectors of the the infirm, the elderly, and defenseless women (often sorority sisters who like beer & pillow fights). That means that at some point we may be called on to do battle with zombies. That is nothing to be ashamed of. .

              Comment

              • #8
                Pthfndr
                In Memoriam
                • Oct 2005
                • 3691

                Nice choices
                Rob Thomas - Match Director NCPPRC Tactical Long Range Match

                Match Director Sac Valley Vintage Military Rifle Long Range Match

                Comment

                • #9
                  mls343
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1543

                  If you are going the M1 Garand route, I would strongly suggest the CMP - www.thecmp.org. Right now, they are distributing some real nice Greek Airforce return that will not be disapponted.

                  Check them out.
                  Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue steel beauty. The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received, or would ever receive. Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pringing ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots.
                  - Ralphie from "A Christmas Story"

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mosinnagantm9130
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2009
                    • 8783

                    Very nice rifles.

                    If the sling on the No. 4 is original, and blue, it's an RAF sling.
                    Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                    My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                    Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                    Originally posted by ChopperX
                    I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                    Originally posted by Jeff L
                    Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Fot
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 1611

                      Originally posted by mosinnagantm9130
                      Very nice rifles.

                      If the sling on the No. 4 is original, and blue, it's an RAF sling.
                      The sling does have a blue tint to it.. Looks original, as it's beat to hell and about to fall apart. lol.. Are RAF slings rare?
                      Originally posted by FastFinger
                      We are a dynamic community that reflects society at large. If there is a trait that distinguishes us it is that we're protectors of the the infirm, the elderly, and defenseless women (often sorority sisters who like beer & pillow fights). That means that at some point we may be called on to do battle with zombies. That is nothing to be ashamed of. .

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Fot
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 1611

                        Update for any who are enterested, got these guns out finally to shoot. No issues with either, both shot well and pretty accurate.. Gotta say I love the Enfield..
                        Originally posted by FastFinger
                        We are a dynamic community that reflects society at large. If there is a trait that distinguishes us it is that we're protectors of the the infirm, the elderly, and defenseless women (often sorority sisters who like beer & pillow fights). That means that at some point we may be called on to do battle with zombies. That is nothing to be ashamed of. .

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Eddie1965
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 1465

                          I love my Garand but my Enfield is a very close second.
                          When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
                          For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1