I have a 24/47 mauser in 8mm, was looking for scope mounts and need to know if this is a small ring or large ring Mauser before I can order mounts,thanks for any assistance.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
MAUSER QUESTION
Collapse
X
-
MAUSER QUESTION
Tags: None -
Yugo Mauser 24/47 is a large ring action. However, it is what is commonly called an "intermediate" length action. Meaning it is about 1/4" shorter than a standard length 98 action. Which means nothing in regards to scope mounts. If it fits a standard 98 length aciton, it will fit an intermediate length Yugo M24/47/48 action. -
I miss my 24/47!Comment
-
I love my FN mauserSome say that he once mooned two prostitutes just for a round of drinks, but wasn't surprised by the reply......They call him, the Hutch
Some say that he rode a dirtbike 7k miles across the country and that he once applied Bengay to his own testicles for a mere $50............They call him, the Hutch -Top Gear
http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60Comment
-
Mauser
That only is true for 2 piece mounts. One piece mounts are different depending on the length of the action. It will need to be drilled and tapped for most mounts.Yugo Mauser 24/47 is a large ring action. However, it is what is commonly called an "intermediate" length action. Meaning it is about 1/4" shorter than a standard length 98 action. Which means nothing in regards to scope mounts. If it fits a standard 98 length aciton, it will fit an intermediate length Yugo M24/47/48 action.Comment
-
Not me. I mean, I still have mine but never shoot it. I got it to hold me over until I got my K98. It just takes up space in my safe. However I don't want to sell it since is shoots so well and probably isn't worth more than a couple hundred max.Comment
-
Wow surprised no one is berating him for wanting to drill and tap his rifle for scope mounts. I have no experience in scope mounts just thought i would point that out
Originally posted by rkt88edmoMOOOOOOO!!!Originally posted by Notoriousfight the power.Originally posted by Ford8NI have one request, will all the fatties please take a shower and use some deodorant before you go to the show.
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,531
Posts: 25,148,708
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 15319 users online. 137 members and 15182 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment