Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bolt Stripping Suggestions SKS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • plinker
    Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 124

    Bolt Stripping Suggestions SKS

    Many years ago when I purchased my SKS I had the option of purchasing one with the black finished bolt or the plain steel bolt. I went with the black finish thinking I would just strip it down if I wanted to change the look.

    Any suggestion on stripping and buffing? Does the final product turn out as expected?

    Thanks for any advice.
  • #2
    RANGER295
    Administrator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Sep 2006
    • 4002

    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    ~Ben Franklin

    159

    Comment

    • #3
      Spiggy
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2006
      • 8688

      SKS; I'd guess its the painted black bolt

      ACETONE!

      oh and if you're going to buff something, dont use a dremel
      Originally posted by AJAX22
      Anti gun BS...

      Finger print recognition is one more thing that keeps your killamajig from performing its killimafunction

      Comment

      • #4
        Full Clip
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2006
        • 10266

        I stripped the bolt and carrier on my 1950 Russian refurb. It's tough, but it's just paint. I used Readi-Strip, a non-toxic paint remover. I let it soak overnight, used a brass-wire wheel, some steel wool and then some Nevr Dull polishing wool. You can find that all at a local hardware store. The result:


        Comment

        • #5
          plinker
          Member
          • Apr 2006
          • 124

          Thanks

          That's it, it's painted black. Thanks for the advise on how to strip and finish it.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1