Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

STILL NEED HELP----Old Title was - Please help me identify this gun.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MAD SVT
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 1295

    STILL NEED HELP----Old Title was - Please help me identify this gun.

    Im pretty sure its a Mauser, but theres slight differences that dont match up with alot of the pics ive seen.
    I got this from a friend of a friend of a etc. etc. about 7 years ago.. i was just thinking about it today so i thought i'd post it up.. when i first got it i couldnt figure it out for the life of me, there seems to be alot more markings on other mausers...






    Last edited by MAD SVT; 03-27-2011, 9:03 PM.
    sigpic
    Anything worth doing...... is worth Overdoing
  • #2
    Uriah02
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 3149

    I don't know if I'm off my rocker but I am thinking it might be a 30-40 Krag that had the box moved/removed.
    sigpic
    OIF 07-09 Veteran
    NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member

    Comment

    • #3
      MAD SVT
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 1295

      no the bolt has the stripper clip groove in it, its a top loader for sure, not sure which ammo it takes
      sigpic
      Anything worth doing...... is worth Overdoing

      Comment

      • #4
        sevensix2x51
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 3835

        mauser. thats all i can say about it. dont know much about those...

        Comment

        • #5
          skywarp1978
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 96

          Looks alot like a Spanish m1916 mauser.

          Comment

          • #6
            jamesob
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 4821

            argintine or spanish maybe? but the spanish i have seen have the action support or whatever the thing in the stock is.
            Last edited by jamesob; 10-16-2009, 11:15 PM.

            Comment

            • #7
              Mssr. Eleganté
              Blue Blaze Irregular
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 10401

              Originally posted by skywarp1978
              Looks alot like a Spanish m1916 mauser.
              Yeah, I think it's what they refer to as an "Unmarked Model 1916".

              __________________

              "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

              Comment

              • #8
                G-Man WC
                In Memoriam
                • Oct 2005
                • 10991

                I want to say spanish also.
                Nobody expects.................
                The Spanish Mauser Inquisition!

                If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
                -Samuel Adams

                Comment

                • #9
                  five.five-six
                  CGN Contributor
                  • May 2006
                  • 34928

                  Originally posted by G-Man WC
                  I want to say spanish also.
                  Nobody expects.................
                  The Spanish Mauser Inquisition!

                  http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting...tion/index.asp

                  ^:lol:^

                  but yes spanish mauser

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bballwizard05
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 3323

                    nice crocs.... lol. also a pretty stock on the gun

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jamesob
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 4821

                      Yeah, I think it's what they refer to as an "Unmarked Model 1916".

                      http://masterton.us/Unmarked1916
                      yep, the serial number falls into their numbers .

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        MAD SVT
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 1295

                        Originally posted by bballwizard05
                        nice crocs.... lol. also a pretty stock on the gun
                        lol.... i love them
                        sigpic
                        Anything worth doing...... is worth Overdoing

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          MAD SVT
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 1295

                          OK! I am convienced!! i have a spanish mauser.

                          The funny thing is, this rifle feels more solid and with a smoother action than most production pieces that i use today. I cant believe its 100 years old.
                          sigpic
                          Anything worth doing...... is worth Overdoing

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            TRAP55
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 5536

                            It's a Spanish.
                            Look at the bolt face, is the bottom round or flat and squared off?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              MAD SVT
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 1295

                              sigpic
                              Anything worth doing...... is worth Overdoing

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1