Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Acquisition and Disposition record

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nefarious
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2006
    • 2083

    Acquisition and Disposition record

    Ok so I have my C&R license and just got my first C&R rifle - not my only C&R, just first after being licensed. For your A/D record book.. what are you guys using? I assumed there would be a log included in the packet - the actual "Firearms Acquisition & Disposition Record Book" , but it only came with a simple little Personal Record card. I went to the ATF website thinking I would print up a PDF of that sheet...and am still searching now.

    If someone can link me - or even a form number - that would be great.

    I want to get squared away and compliant asap - think this little card is definitely non compliant

    Edit: Thinking in just heading out to pickup one of those books a notary uses
    Last edited by Nefarious; 01-07-2007, 5:37 PM.
    sigpic
    **** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other than that ****
  • #2
    JHC
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 1382

    I've been using these

    Comment

    • #3
      Nefarious
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2006
      • 2083

      Originally posted by JHC
      THats a nice one... thanks
      sigpic
      **** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other than that ****

      Comment

      • #4
        Full Clip
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2006
        • 10266

        I rebuilt the Surplusrifle form in Filemaker and just keep a searchable database that I can easily update. I then just print out a new copy whenever I make a change and put that in my bound book.

        Comment

        • #5
          Nefarious
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2006
          • 2083

          Originally posted by Full Clip
          I rebuilt the Surplusrifle form in Filemaker and just keep a searchable database that I can easily update. I then just print out a new copy whenever I make a change and put that in my bound book.
          Sounds like a great idea.
          Are you able to have multiple transactions on 1 printed page? Or is it a seperate page for each transaction?
          sigpic
          **** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other than that ****

          Comment

          • #6
            ocabj
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2005
            • 7924

            I have the same PDF as the one on surplusrifle.com, but I edited it in Acrobat to make it a PDF form so I just type into the PDF file and save each page. I print out the pages for the hardcopy and have each saved page in PDF form as an electronic backup. That way, I can easily regenerate a hardcopy of my bound book at any time.

            Distinguished Rifleman #1924
            NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
            NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

            https://www.ocabj.net

            Comment

            • #7
              Roseladay123
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 1

              Thanks

              I'm glad this thread is made where I can gain a lot of useful and informative input.



              comparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport - simulation assurance vie ! Les sites de simulation assurance viecomparatif simulation assurance vie multisupport

              Comment

              • #8
                joefrank64k
                @ the Dark End of the Bar
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Mar 2009
                • 10124

                This is what I've been using...



                I know it's a little elaborate, but I like the "1 gun with photo" per page format. There's room for 72 guns...so it gives you a goal to strive for as well!

                I like my records to be orderly and LOOK orderly, just in case the nice ATF agent comes knocking...but plenty of people make their own "bound books" and seem to get along just fine.

                To each, their own!!!
                You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                Come on...what harm??

                joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                Comment

                • #9
                  rogdigity
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2009
                  • 911

                  Originally posted by joefrank64k
                  This is what I've been using...



                  I know it's a little elaborate, but I like the "1 gun with photo" per page format. There's room for 72 guns...so it gives you a goal to strive for as well!

                  I like my records to be orderly and LOOK orderly, just in case the nice ATF agent comes knocking...but plenty of people make their own "bound books" and seem to get along just fine.

                  To each, their own!!!
                  i actually have that one too. still havent put in any pictures yet though. my problem is that i have and have had multipul license for different addresses, even though they have all been consolodated into one now. the atf didnt like that i put them all in one book so i have to get more books.

                  i bought this one:



                  the problem with this book is that it is for 900 firearms... dont think im going to need quite that many... i am modifying it to work for my own needs and am going to have a couple of different tabs in it so that i can seperate my different licenses. then i will still keep my old one with the photo section to use as a master. i asked the ATF guy and he said that is ok as long as there is a bound book for EACH of my existing AND prior licenses. i am assuming that keeping all of my books as 'chapters' in one big book will be ok. i am using the first cover sheet in the larger book as a templet for my own design where i can write information for each license like

                  name on license
                  address (because i have had a number of different ones)
                  city, state, zip
                  license number
                  date range of valid license
                  number of firearms (number in that 'chapter')
                  copies of records sent to: (for licenses i have closed out already)
                  carried over to book number: (for merged licenses)
                  ...and anything else i think might be needed by any atf official like blood type and pee color...


                  this is being made strictly because of my multipule licenses. if anyone might be interested in my design please let me know. i will probably have it done this weekend and will post more of it then
                  "I suppose i can part with one and still be feared..." -Prof. Hubert J. Farnesworth

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    rogdigity
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 911

                    Originally posted by joefrank64k
                    I know it's a little elaborate, but I like the "1 gun with photo" per page format. There's room for 72 guns...so it gives you a goal to strive for as well!
                    P.S.: how do you attatch photos to your book? i was thinking of going to the store and getting some of those sticky picture holders that glue in and hold the picture by the corners... any suggestions?
                    "I suppose i can part with one and still be feared..." -Prof. Hubert J. Farnesworth

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      jamesob
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 4821

                      i made my own from a bound book that kids use for school.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        trautert
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 653

                        Pretty much any of the above described methods will work. I went through an audit at the first year anniversary of my first license using just a spreadsheet that had columns for all the info required in the regs. Passed with flying colors.
                        Tom

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          joefrank64k
                          @ the Dark End of the Bar
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 10124

                          Originally posted by rogdigity
                          P.S.: how do you attatch photos to your book? i was thinking of going to the store and getting some of those sticky picture holders that glue in and hold the picture by the corners... any suggestions?
                          I use Scotch Double-Sided Tape...they make a permanent and a removable version.





                          I've been using the removable because that's what I had in the office. The permanent seems a touch thinner, if that's important. They're both listed as "photo-safe". I just run the tape all around the 4 X 6 picture and they stay put.
                          You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                          If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                          Come on...what harm??

                          joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            rogdigity
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 911

                            cool. ill be going to stapels to get my book put together when im done with it so ill get some then
                            "I suppose i can part with one and still be feared..." -Prof. Hubert J. Farnesworth

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              River Jack
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2007
                              • 1251

                              Haven't used it for bound book (yet) but have applied many a photo and other papers to various surfaces including paper using a spraymount glue, R&M brand or something like that.

                              The stuff works like spray paint and provides a very permanent and thin adhesion. For best results, practice a few times before using on your book. 1) Place pic(s) face down on newspaper or other disposable surface, 2) spray evenly and briefy (once over) from about 12-18-inches away, 3) pick up corner or edge of pic with fingers, foreceps or exacto blade (the latter is my fav), and finally 4) align very carefully and slowly lower pic where you want it. Once it even barely touches the surface, that's where it stays, pretty much forever. With a little practice, this is a very effective and clean way to apply pics, documents, graphics, etc. to a flat, smooth, even surface. Any residual glue on pic or anywhere that you don't want it can be swabbed up with Bestine or some other non-staining solvent. Bestine is what I've always used.

                              Anyhow, hope that provides at least one other option for you.

                              RJ
                              Last edited by River Jack; 08-21-2009, 12:10 PM.
                              URL="http://www.nra.org/"][/url]NRA Life Member

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1