Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Greetings... and an SKS Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • onaway417
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 3

    Greetings... and an SKS Question

    Just found this site and looks very interesting. Have read some of the posts and figured that with all of the knowlege here, this is the place to ask.
    I have a Yugo SKS and would like to fix it up a bit. I would like to put a different stock on it and maybe a red dot scope.
    My question is this: Is it illegal to put a pistol grip type stock on it? Or are there some that are legal and others that aren't?
    My objective is to make it look a little more "tactical."
    Thanks for the help.
    BTW This is a California question.
  • #2
    Dr Rockso
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 3701

    As long as the overall length is more than 30" in its shortest configuration (stock collapsed, etc) and you do not have a detachable magazine, you are good to go. Also Yugo SKSs must have the grenade launcher muzzle device removed, as it is considered a destructive device under CA law.

    Comment

    • #3
      knucklehead0202
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2008
      • 4087

      there ya go, no more need be said. enjoy your sks!

      Comment

      • #4
        professorhard
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 2328

        You also need to make sure your SKS is 922r compliant
        God, grant me the serenity
        To accept the things I cannot change;
        The courage to change the things I can;
        And the wisdom to know the difference.

        Comment

        • #5
          onaway417
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 3

          Thanks for the info.
          I will probably start with the 922r compliant stuff first. I know of some good posts concerning the compliant eligible items so I will get cracking.
          I will do some before and after pics if any one is interested.

          Comment

          • #6
            knucklehead0202
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2008
            • 4087

            compliance requires more than just the grenade launcher/muzzle brake thing? that sucks. oh well, i got a russian

            Comment

            • #7
              Mr.Pickles
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 637

              Originally posted by knucklehead0202
              compliance requires more than just the grenade launcher/muzzle brake thing? that sucks. oh well, i got a russian
              never going to ruin my Russian, but I am looking for a Yugo for this bull pup stock I have on order.
              01100010 01101111 01101111 01101101 00100000 01101000 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 01101000 01101111 01110100 00100001

              Comment

              • #8
                knucklehead0202
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 4087

                yup, my russian is bone stock, matching, non-rearsenaled with a perfect bore, metal, and almost perfect wood, with a few scratches, but it's gorgeous, and i got it for a song. one of my favorites of the collection. i understand the yugos shoot well, but they're just not as pretty as the early hardwood-stocked russians, how i love them.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1