I really searched, using Google search too.
First, is there a book(s) that has a good amount of info for C&R identification that can be taken when shopping? I realize that there are many model specific books, and any suggestions on those would be much appreciated as well. I am interested in ultimately collecting US Military firearms to start, then the foreign goodies.
Second, it appears that many do research online, what sites are you using to obtain SPECIFIC (this model came with X on the Y and is worth more) details. Sites like surplusrifle have good readily available general specs and time lines... is there something better?
Finally, it seems like many post about other gun specific forums, i.e. http://www.7.62x54r.net/. Anyone with a collection of good forums (friendly, accurate info, helpful) in their bookmarks want to share (If you've already vetted the accuracy, we don't have to!). Maybe we can make this a sticky listed by model.
Thanks in advance!
First, is there a book(s) that has a good amount of info for C&R identification that can be taken when shopping? I realize that there are many model specific books, and any suggestions on those would be much appreciated as well. I am interested in ultimately collecting US Military firearms to start, then the foreign goodies.
Second, it appears that many do research online, what sites are you using to obtain SPECIFIC (this model came with X on the Y and is worth more) details. Sites like surplusrifle have good readily available general specs and time lines... is there something better?
Finally, it seems like many post about other gun specific forums, i.e. http://www.7.62x54r.net/. Anyone with a collection of good forums (friendly, accurate info, helpful) in their bookmarks want to share (If you've already vetted the accuracy, we don't have to!). Maybe we can make this a sticky listed by model.
Thanks in advance!


Comment