Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Found this relic, any guesses ?
Collapse
X
-
Found this relic, any guesses ?
Tags: None -
It cannot be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased.
You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent.
You alone and our own have earned it with...Your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever.
The title is....."United States Marine".
sigpicComment
-
Links worked for me, but figured I'd help out the OP. DK what it is, but looks like it'd be a nice wall-hanger



Comment
-
-
Thanks Chach! Much appreciated. Must be prelim-phaseout for geocities. Not much for free out there anymore...Comment
-
Comment
-
Pretty cool looking. Wonder how old it isGod, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference.Comment
-
Very old flintlock. Mid 1800's they began converting to percussion cap. Make sure the ramrod goes all the way to the bottom of the barrel. I encountered one that my father bought at a garage sale as a wall hanger that had a powder charge and shot wrapped in a piece of newspaper dated 1907. When we pulled the charge and touched off the powder, it still burned.
Look for markings on the side plate or 'lock' Good chance it's English or French. Don't know where the middle eastern thing came from.
I wouldn't recommend firing it. The steel they used in those days was not always the best.LASD Retired
1978-2011
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified InstructorComment
-
As long as it's not exposed to water... Naval shells from the Civil War can still be set off. Just last year one killed a collector who was trying to remove the powder charge.sigpicNRA MemberOriginally posted by Deadbolt"We're here to take your land for your safety"
"My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"Comment
-
It looks like it was meant to be a wall hanger, not a real firearm. The lock is fake. The whole thing is crude to the point of looking like something fobbed off on tourists. It could be middle eastern, or it could be Mexican. Either way, it isn't real.
-MbOriginally posted by aplinkerIt's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.Comment
-
I'm no expert by any means but I've seen a couple like this pistol that were fakes or made for tourists.
Not saying this is one of those but when I saw the pic my first thought was Pier One.
If it's real that would be a find.
Jim
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,572
Posts: 25,149,370
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 32302 users online. 142 members and 32160 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment