Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Good Use for Bad Barrels

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jeepsrbetter
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 16

    Good Use for Bad Barrels

    My dad has made a few of these with bad M1 barrels he had. . . beats throwing them away.



  • #2
    22popnsplat
    Senior Member
    • May 2008
    • 1042

    Now thats to cool..........

    Comment

    • #3
      bigthaiboy
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 4795

      Agreed, that is very cool.

      I foresee Calgunners cutting up their Mosin Nagants to make lamps next.

      Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

      Comment

      • #4
        sb_pete
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 1039

        Awesome... Simply awesome.

        Comment

        • #5
          PatriotnMore
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2007
          • 7068

          Not only is it cool, you did a nice job. If you have more barrels, post them as sale item, people will buy them, I would depending on the price.
          ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
          --James Madison
          'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

          Comment

          • #6
            kurac
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • 2917

            yeah, I saw a guy at a gun show selling torch cut barrels of about the same length, I was going to buy one but he wanted $125 each
            www.culinagrips.com
            "custom grips for shooters by shooters"

            Comment

            • #7
              maxicon
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 4661

              Guns and art - a time-honored tradition!

              From Marcel Broodthaers' "Decor - A Conquest" installation - a picture of this one's currently on the wall at the San Jose Museum of Art.



              On the more banal side:





              And for the traditionalists:

              Last edited by maxicon; 06-11-2009, 10:29 AM.
              sigpic
              NRA Life Member

              Comment

              • #8
                BHP FAN
                Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 419

                A buddy of mine got a Trapdoor Springfeild that way.All it was missing was the swing open ''bolt''.$50.00 at the fleamarket. Heck,the rear sight was worth a $150.00.

                Comment

                • #9
                  G-Man WC
                  In Memoriam
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 10991

                  Originally posted by bigthaiboy
                  Agreed, that is very cool.

                  I foresee Calgunners cutting up their Mosin Nagants to make lamps next.
                  I for one have a few wall hanger mosins that I will not shoot due to head space that would fit this bill. 91/30 = a tall corner lamp. -g
                  If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
                  -Samuel Adams

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1