Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What are these?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • plinker202020
    Senior Member
    • May 2020
    • 810

    What are these?

    Last edited by plinker202020; 11-30-2021, 5:36 PM.
    sigpic
  • #2
    plinker202020
    Senior Member
    • May 2020
    • 810

    Thing 2:



    Last edited by plinker202020; 11-30-2021, 5:36 PM.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      870classic
      Member
      • Jun 2010
      • 460

      Thing one looks like a Colt 1851 Navy. Modern replica, black powder revolver.
      Thing two... no idea. Maybe a French Pinfire Revolver..? I defer to the Calguns braintrust for a complete answer.

      Best regards,
      870classic.
      Last edited by 870classic; 01-16-2021, 9:02 AM. Reason: Edit to thing two.

      Comment

      • #4
        alpha_romeo_XV
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2006
        • 3141

        Does a magnetic stick to the barrel? Test one - iron vs pot metal or plastic

        Comment

        • #5
          plinker202020
          Senior Member
          • May 2020
          • 810

          Magnet sticks to both barrels.

          Top of the first one’s says “EIG Navy”.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            dizzyblonde
            Member
            • Dec 2017
            • 128

            Bottom one looks like it might be a Belgian Lafaucheux pinfire.

            Comment

            • #7
              plinker202020
              Senior Member
              • May 2020
              • 810

              Guess I just found a new rabbit hole...hopefully not an expensive one!
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                k1dude
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2009
                • 15929

                That 1851 has a brass frame. Don't load it with anything too hot.
                "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                Comment

                • #9
                  plinker202020
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2020
                  • 810

                  Thanks
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    plinker202020
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2020
                    • 810

                    To be honest if I keep them it’ll be to look at, not to shoot.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Springfield45
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 2426

                      Thing one: is a reproduction of a colt 1851 Navy revolver made in Italy. It has a brass frame and should be checked for frame stretch before being fired. If good it should not be fired with more than 15 grains of FFF powder.

                      Thing two: looks like a Belgium Pinfire revolver. It may be in 11mm. Hard to say with out looking closer. Ammo is worth as much as the revolver and is very rare. It is very collectable.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Wheellock
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2019
                        • 1112

                        The Navy looks like an older Italian, if the timing is good it should be fine to shoot. You would need to gear up for that and if your not into black powder stuff it probably isn't worth it. They are not really valuable so if you want to display them or something, go for it.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SkyHawk
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 23531

                          Thing #1 needs some work because the grip frame is loose and/or tweaked. The wedge latch tab looks a little funny too

                          Last edited by SkyHawk; 01-18-2021, 7:57 PM.
                          Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            k1dude
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • May 2009
                            • 15929

                            Originally posted by SkyHawk
                            Thing #1 needs some work because the grip frame is loose and/or tweaked. The wedge latch tab looks a little funny too

                            Since it's a brass frame, I would just use it as a wall hanger. Who knows what kind of abuse it's been through. Buy yourself a steel frame 1858 in .44 or an 1860 in .36 if you want to start shooting black powder. You can get them for right around $300.
                            "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                            "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1