I am interested in purchasing a muzzleloader. I have pretty much all the guns that I want but muzzleloaders have peaked my interest. Is there one spot to go to to research brands, calbers, etc? I do want a modern design. I would like to use 209 primers. I would like it to be stainless steel. I am thinking that I would like .50 cal. I am sure I have more questions but that is it right now.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Muzzleloader questions.
Collapse
X
-
Muzzleloader questions.
.
Things I have for sale.
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1646789
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1645958
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1645863
Legal disclaimer: Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one, including me.
Tags: None -
sigpic
Originally posted by dantoddWe will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.Originally posted by bwieseThey don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.Originally posted by louisianagirlOur fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it. -
Or these
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkComment
-
Get one that uses modern ignition system, like from Arrowhead. Go. 45 caliber, much better bullets and performance. But a custom one as well, you can shoot smokeless and or Blackhorn powder
Sent from my SM-G986U using TapatalkComment
-
Sounds like you are looking at a Remington 700 UML with the 209 ignition system. I have a few friends that have taken up the muzzle loading hobby with the 209 ignition system and they enjoy the remington 700.
Consider looking at CVA, Traditions, and other websites.
I tend toward Squirrel rifles with a 32 caliber round ball and #10/#11 percussion caps so I cannot comment on the 209 ignition system.
Best regards,
870classic.Comment
-
Traditions buckstalker is what I have hunted with for 9 years or so. I got mine used for like $150 and I use 100 grains (2 pellets) of pyrodex. I have taken 9 or so deer with open sights. They work well when you make sure to keep powder and primer fresh. You really should get a stainless one, real stainless not the coating.Comment
-
-
I really think .50 is the way to go but that's just my opinion. Most places like midway should be clearancing them right about this time of year. https://www.federalpremium.com/muzzl...-PMZ50TC1.html work great im my gun but they are not accurate in all guns. They make loading really effortless and the open up just like advertising says. I have recovered 2 in back leg roasts with chest shots. Most of the time they make a heck of a mess and pass right through.Comment
-
Holy cow! What service! 7 replies in less than 30 minutes. The reason for .50 cal is that I have a crap ton of bullets that I could use for black powder also. I know they make sabots. The prices of BP bullets seems to be more than rifle bullets sometimes. Cost savings is one reason for this interest but I have always wanted to pursue muzzleloaders. I have some .458 powder coated bullets coming soon. They are 450 grain. Is that too heavy?Last edited by crazy; 12-21-2020, 7:48 PM..
Things I have for sale.
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1646789
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1645958
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1645863
Legal disclaimer: Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one, including me.
Comment
-
CVA Paramount is awesome. It probably has the most modern looking furniture. It even lacks the rod under the barrel. Shoots 1 moa and goes straight to your door.
The Remington UML is cool too, but that gets dros'd, 48 bucks, 10 days blah blah. I dont think it shoots as well either.
Both use an adapter to use large rifle primers. The UML adapter looks like a brass pistol case. The Paramount adapter looks like a 209..maybe it can use a 209 I don't know...yet haaha. The Paramount has been on my buy list for a while. Anyways good luck man. Let us know what you get!
Sent from my moto g power using TapatalkMan, this place has gone bonkers.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,719
Posts: 25,150,792
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 14838 users online. 127 members and 14711 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment