Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mosin Question on stock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sousuke
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 4080

    Mosin Question on stock

    I'm going to be putting a Mosin nagant up for sale soon and I've always wondered what these marks on the stock might be. They are under the finish so were before re-arsenal and storage.

    Are these just generic marks do you think? I always wondered if someone scratched them in during the war. The fact that they get shorter as you move away from the comb towards the grip made me think they probably weren't purposefully added, but would love to know everyone's thoughts.



    Also, wanted to get a general price check before I put it up. Its a Tula 1932 91/30 and I have 120 rds on stripper clips plus pouches.

    Was thinking 300 for the rifle + 75 for the ammo? High / Low?
    Everyone on Calguns keeps talking about TDS. I never knew we had so many fish keepers!

    The TDS on my 10gallon tanks 110ppm
    The TDS on my 29 gallon tank is 150ppm (due to substrate)
  • #2
    alpha_romeo_XV
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2006
    • 3152

    Maybe help if a couple pics of the whole rifle and more detail of ammo - steel case, corrosive or ?

    Comment

    • #3
      Sousuke
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 4080

      Originally posted by alpha_romeo_XV
      Maybe help if a couple pics of the whole rifle and more detail of ammo - steel case, corrosive or ?
      Sorry got distracted by the notches.


      Here are few images. Yes ammo is surplus, so would be corrosive. Trying remember / workout if lead core or steel. Edit. Head stamp is 188/46 so thats light ball copper wash I think from Novosibirsk?





      Last edited by Sousuke; 09-19-2020, 3:29 PM.
      Everyone on Calguns keeps talking about TDS. I never knew we had so many fish keepers!

      The TDS on my 10gallon tanks 110ppm
      The TDS on my 29 gallon tank is 150ppm (due to substrate)

      Comment

      • #4
        eagle eye
        CGSSA Associate
        • Jan 2011
        • 1169

        Originally posted by Sousuke
        I'm going to be putting a Mosin nagant up for sale soon and I've always wondered what these marks on the stock might be. They are under the finish so were before re-arsenal and storage.

        Are these just generic marks do you think? I always wondered if someone scratched them in during the war. The fact that they get shorter as you move away from the comb towards the grip made me think they probably weren't purposefully added, but would love to know everyone's thoughts.



        Also, wanted to get a general price check before I put it up. Its a Tula 1932 91/30 and I have 120 rds on stripper clips plus pouches.

        Was thinking 300 for the rifle + 75 for the ammo? High / Low?
        Hard to tell but those usually are refer as trench marks, the soldiers sometimes mark the number of kills.

        Comment

        • #5
          Bobby Ricigliano
          Mit Gott und Mauser
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2011
          • 17439

          Hex receivers are a plus regarding value.

          People seem to be willing to pay a bit more for a Tula, as they are less common than Izhevsk. You are pretty close on price. Mosins have crept up in value. They were cheap and plentiful forever, nowadays less so.

          Not sure about that hole in the stock that looks filled in with glue or something.

          Those hash marks could be anything.

          Comment

          • #6
            speedratchet
            Member
            • Oct 2016
            • 158

            The hole in the stock is an added reinforcement done later on . The stock is post war.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1