Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

OK - now getting a Hakim!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • oaklander
    Banned
    • May 2006
    • 11095

    OK - now getting a Hakim!

    Found one on GB for $449. Pretty good shape! Now I will have two Egyptian rifles!!!

    Next up: Rasheed!



    Quick question - the stock finish is original (but from the pics, pretty banged up). Would it bubba the gun too much if I refinished the stock? I'm pretty good with woodworking, and I *think* it's beech, under all the shellac. Hard to tell until I get the actual rifle.
    Last edited by oaklander; 05-12-2009, 10:58 PM.
  • #2
    69Mach1
    Super Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2006
    • 15032

    Nice. I need a Rasheed too, to go with my Egytian Maadi AKM.
    sigpic
    69Mach1
    munkeeboi
    TURBOELKY
    antix2
    WTSGDYBBR
    tujungatoes
    jmpgnr24K

    Comment

    • #3
      prob
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 1355

      Don't refinish it. You'll regret it later.

      Comment

      • #4
        Crusader
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 2995

        Keep it. If you do want to mess with it, or make it into a nicer shooter, buy another original wood stock to play with and keep the one that comes with the rifle in original condition.

        Comment

        • #5
          jdberger
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2005
          • 8944

          Why not collect rifles used by countries that win wars?
          Rest in Peace - Andrew Breitbart. A true student of Alinsky.

          90% of winning is simply showing up.

          "Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

          sigpic
          NRA Benefactor Member

          Comment

          • #6
            Nodda Duma
            • Nov 2007
            • 3455

            Hey Oaklander. You're going to love your Hakim. I got one locally a few months ago and it is just plain fun. No kick, and it'll be the loudest thing on the firing line. Guaranteed to turn heads.

            To feed it, I picked up a case and a half of Romanian 8mm from aim surplus. Romanian is dirty and tricky to adjust the gas valve for in the Hakim, but it is good stuff nevertheless. The newer Yugo 8mm that you see being sold is supposed to be really good in the Hakim. Clean firing and not tricky to adjust for.

            -Jason
            Looking for photos for your wall?
            Help feed my children by clicking here.

            Comment

            • #7
              Eat Dirt
              Calguns Addict
              • Nov 2007
              • 9732

              Whem you get it ...Throw up a few pictures

              I got one a few months ago / Having a blast with it ( No pun intended )

              I Refinished the stock on mine / It came out Great
              --------------------------------------------------------------

              I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns

              Comment

              • #8
                Someguy925
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2007
                • 572

                Oh good price on a Hakim there.

                Comment

                • #9
                  smle-man
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 10606

                  I saw 'new' Hakim stocks for sale at one of the parts houses in Shotgun News. Check the usual suspects.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Saigon1965
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Nov 2003
                    • 17278

                    I understand AG42 stocks will fit also -

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      4 Brigada
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 2119

                      They have two for sale in one of the Fresno gunstores, they are going for almost 700, they are in pretty good shape. But being a snob myself Im holding out to replace their daddy that a parted with. This store also has a good supply of 8mm ammo.
                      I have neither the inclination or the time to relieve people of the regional and ethnic handicaps that they inherited from their ancestors.

                      You should banish any thoughts of how you may appear to others.
                      Marcus Aurelius

                      "I won't be wronged, I wont be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
                      the "Duke" in the shootist

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        glennsche
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 1831

                        Originally posted by jdberger
                        Why not collect rifles used by countries that win wars?
                        so, you're not interested in anything german?
                        Last edited by glennsche; 05-13-2009, 11:02 AM.
                        "If the American Left wanted to decrease interest in shooting, they should have the government make it mandatory like they do here in Switzerland. Nothing makes you not want to do something like when the government makes you do it."

                        "I'm over you." -Citadelgrad87

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          harmoniums
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2008
                          • 3488

                          Originally posted by smle-man
                          I saw 'new' Hakim stocks for sale at one of the parts houses in Shotgun News. Check the usual suspects.
                          Sarco in NJ have them
                          I ordered one, they have no metal but are in brand new shape.
                          No hanguards anywhere and most of them are cracked through the gas port hole.
                          So you may need to fix that.
                          I'll post pics of mine after I get it back from my repair guy
                          WTB Irish firearms:
                          old SxS shotguns, Enfields (Irish contract or FF marked), RIC marked carbines or revolvers, odd ball flintlocks.

                          VZ58 PARTS F/S - I've got everything except magazine parts
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Dr. Peter Venkman
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 4899

                            Oaklander, I got a Ljungman, you got an FN-49.

                            Now we are both getting Hakims.

                            What's going on???!!!

                            You are going to have to clean the cosmo off of yours though!
                            sigpic
                            "America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
                            Originally posted by berto
                            You're right. There's no possible way that CGN members marching alongside the Pink Pistols in the SF Pride Parade can do anything to dispel the stereotype that gun owners are conservative bigots clinging to their guns and bibles. Not a single person in the crowd is rational or reachable because the parade's for gay folks and it's in SF.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              oaklander
                              Banned
                              • May 2006
                              • 11095

                              LOL - 03 FFL's are awesome!!!

                              Originally posted by Dr. Peter Venkman
                              Oaklander, I got a Ljungman, you got an FN-49.

                              Now we are both getting Hakims.

                              What's going on???!!!

                              You are going to have to clean the cosmo off of yours though!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1