Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Yet another C&R license question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • albacore
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 71

    Yet another C&R license question

    I finally got the paperwork I need to fill out to get my 03 FFL. My issue is I keep my firearms in one house but spend the majority of my time in another house 300 miles away. Could any trouble come of me keeping my firearms in different locations in the event of an audit?
  • #2
    SimpleCountryActuary
    Not a miracle worker
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2008
    • 2953

    Ixnay on the DewDropInSay

    No. BATFE must make an appointment. They can't just show up for a snap inspection. Hey, you could be out to lunch or indisposed or in Las Vegas or all three.

    The address is important because that's where people will ship your firearms unless you can convince them otherwise.
    "The most hated initials in America today ... TSA."

    Said by yours truly to an audience of nodding IRS employees.

    Comment

    • #3
      EOD Guy
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1229

      Originally posted by albacore
      I finally got the paperwork I need to fill out to get my 03 FFL. My issue is I keep my firearms in one house but spend the majority of my time in another house 300 miles away. Could any trouble come of me keeping my firearms in different locations in the event of an audit?
      TITLE 27--ALCOHOL, TOBACCO PRODUCTS, AND FIREARMS

      CHAPTER II--BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS, AND EXPLOSIVES,
      DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

      PART 478_COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION--Table of Contents

      Subpart D_Licenses

      Sec. 478.50 Locations covered by license.

      The license covers the class of business or the activity specified
      in the license at the address specified therein. A separate license must
      be obtained for each location at which a firearms or ammunition business
      or activity requiring a license under this part is conducted

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1