Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ordering Ammo from the CMP in 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dirk Tungsten
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 2047

    Ordering Ammo from the CMP in 2018

    First off, I realize this may not be the exact forum for this, but the C&R crowd seems to do lots of business with the CMP so I figured I'd ask here. Has anyone confirmed if the CMP will or won't ship ammo to CA in 2018? Thanks in advance
  • #2
    Dirk Tungsten
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 2047

    Well, if anyone cares, I emailed the CMP and this is the answer I got:

    Originally posted by CMP rep
    Also, for CA orders To purchase ammunition in CA, the customer must have proof of an Ammunition Vendor License from the state of California Department of Justice. The ammunition must ship to the Vendor whose name is on the license. This ruling came from the CA DOJ. They do not have to have an FFL to have the license, only the license, but we must have a copy of it for proof. It will need to be attached to the order.
    So I guess that's a no.

    Comment

    • #3
      winetoad
      Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 410

      CMP needs to go with the federal FFL rules. The Calif DOJ person I talked to agreed that an 03FFL is still an OK to ship to if the seller agrees to honor the FFL and COE from Calif.

      Comment

      • #4
        Dirk Tungsten
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 2047

        I'm unaware of any federal restrictions on shipping ammo though? The woman I emailed back and forth with seemed to state that all the restrictions were allegedly imposed by CA DOJ.

        Comment

        • #5
          winetoad
          Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 410

          Check out the list of vendors who will honor the 03ffl with Calif COE. CMP would be a wonderful addition.

          Comment

          • #6
            CaliforniaLiberal
            #1 Bull Goose Loony
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2008
            • 4690

            I cringe anytime I hear about someone talking on the phone to CA DOJ, asking firearms related questions. They are famous for making stuff up or for someone new and uninformed picking up the phone and spreading ignorance.
            Better Way to Search CalGuns - https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...78:pzxbzjzh1zk
            CA Bill Search - https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov
            California Rifle and Pistol Association - http://crpa.org/
            Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
            Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
            Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1