Taking my new Garand out tomorrow for the first time. I got some great advice from people last time I posted a question and I have two questions before I head out.
1. Loading. After comments about Garand thumb, I assume that when I push in the clip there is nothing holding the bolt back so I really have to get my hand away SHARPISH. is there a particular knack to this or is this just a case of getting to know your rifle and at what point you have to get that hand out of the way. Is there a warning or click or change in pressure when the clip is properly in place?
2. CLEANING. What the hell? You can't clean from the breech. I assume you clean from the muzzle - carefully - how does one avoid trashing the muzzle and getting cleaning fluids into the action?
1. Loading. After comments about Garand thumb, I assume that when I push in the clip there is nothing holding the bolt back so I really have to get my hand away SHARPISH. is there a particular knack to this or is this just a case of getting to know your rifle and at what point you have to get that hand out of the way. Is there a warning or click or change in pressure when the clip is properly in place?
2. CLEANING. What the hell? You can't clean from the breech. I assume you clean from the muzzle - carefully - how does one avoid trashing the muzzle and getting cleaning fluids into the action?



Comment