Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Yugo M48

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GunnyUSMC
    Senior Member
    • May 2016
    • 551

    Yugo M48

    While out and about today, took the day off, I stopped in one of the pawn shops that I don't get to that often. While shooting the bull with the owner, I spotted a Mauser on the back wall with the rest of the guns.
    It was a Yugo M48 in pretty good shape. The bolt didn't match, but everything else did.
    The barrel, just above the bayonet lug had marks on both sides, appeared to have been put in a vice. The bore is a little dark but has strong rifeling.
    The price was pretty good at $224.95, but like always, I hate to pay the marked price on a used gun at a pawn shop. I asked what was his best price and was told that I could have it for $200 out the door. Well, for that price I had to take it home.
    Here are a few pics.
    Attached Files
    Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
    GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC
  • #2
    SamGoldstein
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2012
    • 1011

    Let's see what the bore looks like!

    Comment

    • #3
      TS77
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2007
      • 1697

      well done!

      Comment

      • #4
        Spartan301
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2013
        • 2048

        I love my M48!

        Looks like you did well for $200 OP. Congrats!
        U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN) Veteran '81-'86

        Comment

        • #5
          Enfield47
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2012
          • 6385

          Congrats, you found quite a nice deal there. I love how you are able to get a better deal on your guns too.

          Comment

          • #6
            oc16
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 1055

            I started with a yugo similar to that one you have there they are good rifles just make sure you always check the bore when you clean it. from the few times I shot mine I started finding tiny metal chips. but for 200 dollars that is a deal
            retreat! we must go comrade we will fight again another day.

            Comment

            • #7
              Ora Serrata
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2015
              • 1753

              Nice find!

              Comment

              • #8
                The Shootist
                Senior Member
                • May 2010
                • 1796

                Nice find especially for the price op...I would have scooped it up for that price.
                NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
                CRPA MEMBER
                FIREARMS POLICY COALITION MEMBER
                CGN CONTRIBUTOR

                Comment

                • #9
                  Bobby Ricigliano
                  Mit Gott und Mauser
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 17439

                  The only reason M48's can be found so cheap is that most shooters haven't figured out how well built and durable they are. I'd drop a few hundred on a milsurp Yugo before I would on a newly built low end Big 5 type hunting rifle for the same price.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mj1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 3318

                    Nice score on the M48 !

                    Nice well made rifles. I still have a few new unfired ones I was saving for the kids but they have no interest so it might be time to load up some 200g SMK's. G43 sight hoods improve things a bit but they are good to go out of the box..LOL
                    WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
                    WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
                    I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
                    The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      kurac
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 2917

                      The "vice marks" on the sides of the barrel should be the importers mark, maybe it got smeared a little.
                      www.culinagrips.com
                      "custom grips for shooters by shooters"

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        aspire727
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2013
                        • 596

                        Nice crisp markings on the receiver.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Von_Richthofen
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 374

                          Nice score OP! M48s are sweet considering how well made as others have eloquently pointed out. Picked up one very similar @225 unfired 10 years ago.. Shame on me it has a nice 9 power scope and still unfired..

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1