Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Luger Pistols

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 916Plinker
    Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 275

    Luger Pistols

    Who has Luger Pistols in Nor-Cal???
  • #2
    thefifthspeed
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 2674

    I just picked up a 1920's commercial from Rivercity gun exchange in Sacramento for 950. Looked to be about 90% original blue with a crisp unpitted barrel. At the time they had at least 1 more for sale.

    Comment

    • #3
      zinfull
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2006
      • 2733

      Where are you located?

      Jerry

      Comment

      • #4
        vf111
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 2742

        Originally posted by thefifthspeed
        I just picked up a 1920's commercial from Rivercity gun exchange in Sacramento for 950. Looked to be about 90% original blue with a crisp unpitted barrel. At the time they had at least 1 more for sale.
        Ahh, so you did pick up that Luger! Good score!

        Comment

        • #5
          thefifthspeed
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 2674

          Originally posted by vf111
          Ahh, so you did pick up that Luger! Good score!
          I couldn't walk away from a 90 year old luger that still has a clean, bright, unpitted barrel. Waiting on grafs to ship me some 30 luger and see how she shoots.

          Comment

          • #6
            916Plinker
            Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 275

            More specificly a 1940 Luger -Code #42 with eagle over swastika markings.

            Comment

            • #7
              locktime
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 1114

              There are frequently consignment Lugers in the Turners online used gun listing.

              It wasn't at Turners, but I just found a private party 1940 Code 42, 96%, matching numbers, matching serial magazine, black grips with capture papers.

              It is no longer for sale.
              Useless laws weaken the necessary laws.
              - Montesquieu

              Comment

              • #8
                zinfull
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2006
                • 2733

                I under stand that the best place up north is Krausewerk Collectibles in San Mateo.

                Jerry

                Comment

                • #9
                  916Plinker
                  Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 275

                  Thanks zinfull for the heads up.

                  Your killin me locktime!!!! How much did it go for?? Any pics

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    locktime
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 1114

                    It is still in 10 day lockup.

                    I'll post some pics after it comes home. It was expensive, but worth it. If I can't borrow money on my house, maybe I can get a mortgage on this.

                    It also included another mag, a black bottom fxo. Also a holster. I didn't think the holster was German but I looked up a few yesterday and it appears to be. I was searching for marks on it, and found some very faint writing on the inside. After much inspection under a magnifier I could read most of a name, most of an eight digit number, and the four digit serial number of the Luger.

                    After some sleuthing I was able to identify the WWII American soldier who wrote his name and serial number inside the holster. Took a while because I only had partials of both, but I got a positive match. WWII enlistment records are available online. It was not the same name as on the capture papers, but from the stories I got about the guy who brought it home, he was a rear echelon guy who probably won it in a poker game or otherwise scammed it.

                    I found the whereabouts of the soldier who's name was written in the holster, unfortunately it was a Naples Florida obituary dated June 6, 2008. (He had unusual name, with the same birth year so it had to be him.) I would have liked to have gotten his story about this pistol first hand.
                    Useless laws weaken the necessary laws.
                    - Montesquieu

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      zinfull
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 2733

                      Here is one for you.



                      They just do not come up very often.

                      If you want I know of a 1918 all matching including both mags with holster and take down. It is 60-75% due to some rust on the side from storage.
                      Jerry

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        5hundo
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 2210

                        Mitchell's Mausers carries some but I think that they're pretty pricey...

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Mark One
                          Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • 298

                          Originally posted by 5hundo
                          Mitchell's Mausers carries some but I think that they're pretty pricey...
                          No one should ever do business with those lying pr*cks.

                          Everything they sell is marked way up and labeled as something different to take advantage of new comers to the surplus market.
                          If you want to take guns off the street...
                          Then buy one yourself

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            5hundo
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 2210

                            Originally posted by Mark One
                            No one should ever do business with those lying pr*cks.

                            Everything they sell is marked way up and labeled as something different to take advantage of new comers to the surplus market.


                            Wow..!!!

                            Having never done business with them, I wouldn't have known. I've just looked at their products from time-to-time. Sorry if I mislead anyone...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              916Plinker
                              Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 275

                              They got some nice looking Mausers with dead head logos on them. They are very pricey, really pricey on their lugers and walthers. But they are perfect.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1