Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Single Shot Mauser, Need a little help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NotEnoughGuns
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 1052

    Single Shot Mauser, Need a little help

    An old friend of mine has asked for my help to determine what this rifle is and what is a realistic market value as he would like to sell it. Im really not sure so any info you could provide would be great. All numbers appear to match, I think it is 11mm bore and the bore is in good shape. I believe this is an antique and does not need a transfer through FFL? Thanks guys. Pics coming.










    Last edited by NotEnoughGuns; 07-16-2017, 10:17 AM.
    Join the NRA today!
  • #2
    NotEnoughGuns
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 1052





    Join the NRA today!

    Comment

    • #3
      NotEnoughGuns
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2009
      • 1052





      Last edited by NotEnoughGuns; 07-16-2017, 10:11 AM.
      Join the NRA today!

      Comment

      • #4
        Paul_R
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Jan 2011
        • 2847

        Yes it's an antique. No FFL necessary and you can ship it direct to a buyer.
        Fear is a social disease

        Got a jury summons? Know your rights! http://fija.org/

        Comment

        • #5
          Jemention
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2014
          • 49

          Looks like a German M71 mauser, in relatively good shape. Many were converted to M71/84s with a tube magazine but this one evidently wasn't. They were chambered in 11mm Mauser.

          I know a shop in the SF Bay Area has one or two for sale in somewhat comparable condition for around $800 or so if I recall correctly but I don't know how that really compares to market condition.

          Comment

          • #6
            NotEnoughGuns
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 1052

            yes this is a single shot bolt action. and it does seem to be in pretty decent shape.
            Join the NRA today!

            Comment

            • #7
              Milsurp Collector
              Calguns Addict
              CGN Contributor
              • Jan 2009
              • 5884

              Originally posted by Jemention
              Looks like a German M71 mauser, in relatively good shape. Many were converted to M71/84s with a tube magazine but this one evidently wasn't.
              Actually the 71/84s were an evolution of the Infanterie-Gewehr 71 and were made new as a repeating rifle with a magazine. The 71/84 had such a short production and service life - they were replaced after 4 years by the Gew. 1888 with their smokeless powder ammo - there was no point in converting the Infanterie-Gewehr 71s on hand to an already obsolete design.

              Recent sales:

              Topped out at $555 without meeting reserve http://www.gunbroker.com/item/639402180
              $600 http://www.gunbroker.com/item/646140769
              $500, nicer condition than your friend's and came with a bayonet and accessories http://www.gunbroker.com/item/644703795
              Last edited by Milsurp Collector; 07-16-2017, 12:19 PM.
              Revolvers are not pistols

              pistol nouna handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
              Calling a revolver a "pistol" is like calling a magazine a "clip", calling a shotgun a rifle, or a calling a man a woman.

              ExitCalifornia.org

              Comment

              • #8
                6mmintl
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2008
                • 4822

                Yes, 500/600 at auctions, but find one local and you should be looking at 300-400 as not very desirable, have to make brass and cast bullets.

                People just want them gone.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Sutcliffe
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2003
                  • 6792

                  Cool item to keep

                  Not super valuable and care and feeding would be a real hassle.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    NotEnoughGuns
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 1052

                    Thanks guys. if anyone is interested let me know looks like $500 is about top dollar. I'll let my friend know.
                    Join the NRA today!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      KenG
                      Member
                      • May 2008
                      • 171

                      Already reload that for my 71/84 mauser. hint hint

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        gun toting monkeyboy
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2008
                        • 6820

                        Why are you guys getting all worked up about reloading this? It is no worse than most other cartridges, aside from having to track down the brass and bullets. We have the internet, that isn't the impossible task it used to be.

                        That particular rifle would be in the $300-400 range as the others have noted, assuming it has all the parts, and is in good working order. I don't think that particular one will get top dollar because of the condition.

                        -Mb
                        Originally posted by aplinker
                        It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Milsurp Collector
                          Calguns Addict
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 5884

                          Originally posted by gun toting monkeyboy
                          Why are you guys getting all worked up about reloading this? It is no worse than most other cartridges, aside from having to track down the brass and bullets.
                          The brass is extremely expensive ($3.75 each) https://www.midwayusa.com/product/55...user-box-of-20

                          $3.75 each for brass. Not ammo, brass.

                          Then there's the dies $178 https://www.midwayusa.com/product/16...-rimmed-mauser

                          Don't forget the shell holder https://www.midwayusa.com/product/29...-rimmed-mauser

                          It's a black powder round so you have to be comfortable hand loading black powder. Or you can buy black powder ammo at $87 for a box of 20 https://www.buffaloarms.com/43-mause...0-amo43mauserb
                          Revolvers are not pistols

                          pistol nouna handgun whose chamber is integral with the barrel
                          Calling a revolver a "pistol" is like calling a magazine a "clip", calling a shotgun a rifle, or a calling a man a woman.

                          ExitCalifornia.org

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gun toting monkeyboy
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 6820

                            Lee makes the dies. I paid $25 for mine, with the shell holder. Loaded ammo is $3 a round from OWS the last time I checked, and the brass lasts nearly forever at those pressures. Yes, that is expensive. But how much do you plan on shooting it? I have about 60 cases that I have been cycling through for about 10-15 years now. I don't use it for 3-gun matches or anything. Just going out and slaying the occasional paper target.

                            -Mb
                            Originally posted by aplinker
                            It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gun toting monkeyboy
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 6820

                              Lee makes the dies. I paid $25 for mine, with the shell holder. Loaded ammo is $3 a round from OWS the last time I checked, and the brass lasts nearly forever at those pressures. Yes, that is expensive. But how much do you plan on shooting it? I have about 60 cases that I have been cycling through for about 10-15 years now. I don't use it for 3-gun matches or anything. Just going out and slaying the occasional paper target.

                              -Mb
                              Originally posted by aplinker
                              It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1