Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

isreali mauser add $400?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FluorideInMyWater
    Senior Member
    • May 2006
    • 1840

    isreali mauser add $400?

    there is not link to this,
    but a guy on guns-america has an isreali mauser w/ the isreali crest on the receiver....not just the star of david.

    pics look good but he wants 400. any comments on that price of a good condition gun?
    No longer FluorideInMyWater. (California)
    now the infamous "CalciumDepositsInMyWater" (Cancun)
  • #2
    Saigon1965
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 17278

    That's about the range they go for -

    Comment

    • #3
      Gunaria
      Banned
      • Jan 2007
      • 3894

      Does it look like it is in this condition?



      Does it say this on the side of it?

      Comment

      • #4
        FluorideInMyWater
        Senior Member
        • May 2006
        • 1840

        no, does not look that nice.
        Attached Files
        No longer FluorideInMyWater. (California)
        now the infamous "CalciumDepositsInMyWater" (Cancun)

        Comment

        • #5
          FluorideInMyWater
          Senior Member
          • May 2006
          • 1840

          more

          more here
          Attached Files
          No longer FluorideInMyWater. (California)
          now the infamous "CalciumDepositsInMyWater" (Cancun)

          Comment

          • #6
            Gunaria
            Banned
            • Jan 2007
            • 3894

            The one you have pictured is not worth $400. Should only be worth $200 max. I bet you that is of the ones century was selling for like $99 or less and they are just gouging. Please don't buy that one. Just keep looking for one in better condition.

            Comment

            • #7
              socomIInato
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 880

              Gunaria yours has a FN reciever, what year of manufacture? looks real clean.

              Comment

              • #8
                Gunaria
                Banned
                • Jan 2007
                • 3894

                Sorry dude I just stole those pics off of gunboards. But I do have an FN Israeli Mauser made in 1958. I'll get some pics of her soon and post them.

                Comment

                • #9
                  bigthaiboy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 4795

                  Judging by the photos, those are the typical Israeli Mausers Century are selling for $179, which was part of a large shipment that started arriving in the country two years ago. If you want an Israeli Mauser, wait and pick one up locally, so you can inspect it thoroughly. Many Israeli Mausers were stored badly and ended up with horrible barrels, and tended to were very well used and abused.

                  I know one store, that ordered them when they first became available, and when they arrived, they were so bad that they returned them back to Century. I have two of the Israeli FN Mausers, which I bought as projects.

                  Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    FluorideInMyWater
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2006
                    • 1840

                    can u guys point me towards some local vendors? im in los angeles.

                    i dont mind a project rifle, but if im going to spend 400 it better be amazing!
                    No longer FluorideInMyWater. (California)
                    now the infamous "CalciumDepositsInMyWater" (Cancun)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Gunaria
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 3894

                      I seen a really beaten up one at Ammo Bros. for $249. It was in bad shape and had the classic sewer pipe bore. Maybe they have more than one. Give them a call and see. They also had it mark as a Belgian mauser FYI.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bigthaiboy
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 4795

                        If you're looking for a mauser chambered for 7.62 NATO, then you might want to check out Spanish Mausers. The current crop of Israeli Mausers are a lot of money for the condition.

                        Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Rogerbutthead
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2006
                          • 3861

                          I would hesitate buying regarding Spanish Mausers in 7.62.

                          I stole this from a post in gunboards by ken k -

                          Spain did not join NATO until 1982, and was therefore under no constraints to adopt the common cartridge. Spain was also the only western European power to successfully adopt an actual assault rifle (the CETME Model 58) instead of the "battle rifles" (M14, L1A1, FAL, C1A1, BM59, G3) adopted by the NATO powers. Comcomitant with the assault rifle, Spain adopted a true intermediate catridge, the 7.62x51mm CETME. The intent was a cartridge that would allow ballistic and accuracy performance from the Model 58 akin to that attained by the 7.9x33mm (7.9 Kurz) fired from the StG44.

                          The performance and specifications of the 7.62x51mm CETME are
                          indicative of this intent. Nominal characteristics: jacketed
                          spitzer bullet of 112.5 grains (7.25 g) weight, a brass or steel case
                          of 151 grains (9.7 g), for a muzzle velocity of 2493 fps (760 mps).
                          The construction of the bullet is particularly noteworthy. The CETME
                          bullet has a 90/10 brass alloy (gilding metal) jacket, with a
                          plastic nose filler for the first third of the bullet, and a lead
                          antimony core. That is to say, the bullet jacket is not filled with
                          the lead core, but has what might be considered a lightweight
                          ballistic tip (not unlike the kapok tip in the .303 British service round).
                          This cartridge, adopted in 1957, remained the standard Spanish service round
                          for the next twenty-five years. Hardly a "diversion" or a flash in the pan!

                          Note that the Spanish 308 is underpowered compared to 7.62 NATO.

                          I bought one of those 308 Spanish 1916 mausers from Big 5 in 1986. Using normal 7.62 NATO military ball, the rifle slammed into my shoulder on firing. I pounded my palm raw getting the damn bolt to eject the shell. I only fired 5 shots and I do not remember hitting paper at 100 yards. I have not fired it since.

                          I would think twice before buying a Spanish Mauser in 308 without some test fire inspection period.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            paul0660
                            In Memoriam
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 15669

                            8mm mauser is still 25 cents each, Nato half a buck.
                            *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1