Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

COE + FFL C&R have arrived!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • D.R.E.
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 891

    COE + FFL C&R have arrived!

    COE took less than two weeks.

    C&R took not much longer.

    Time to empty out the FFL safe. Christmas in feb!

    I don't like a lot of the current laws, but the bureaucrazy seems fairly efficient compared to a decade ago.
    http://coltpython.blogspot.com/
  • #2
    RogueSniper
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 3749

    Someone must like you at the BATFE. I've been waiting since mid December - not a peep.
    I'm not having a glass of wine, I'm having SIX. It's called a tasting and it's classy.

    Active Junky / Dvor
    TARGET SPORT USA Prime Ammo referral - PM me

    Stuff for sale:
    Packer Stock (folding 10/22 stock)
    Beretta Silver Pigeon SL2 Shotgun (Pump)
    Kenwood Receiver

    Comment

    • #3
      D.R.E.
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 891

      Originally posted by RogueSniper
      Someone must like you at the BATFE. I've been waiting since mid December - not a peep.
      That sucks. I sent priority mail, so maybe they expedited?
      http://coltpython.blogspot.com/

      Comment

      • #4
        w55
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2008
        • 2438

        Sweet just got my C&R also, thank god I lost my credit card this week..

        Comment

        • #5
          D.R.E.
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 891

          Originally posted by w55
          Sweet just got my C&R also, thank god I lost my credit card this week..
          Oh, that won't save you: they take first-borns and (sometimes) gfs
          http://coltpython.blogspot.com/

          Comment

          • #6
            proudamerican831
            Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 431

            deleted
            Last edited by proudamerican831; 05-19-2009, 3:01 AM.
            I am a Curio and Relic

            Comment

            • #7
              D.R.E.
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 891

              Originally posted by proudamerican831
              Now, do not sign the license. Scan it into your computer. Get your list of dealers you want to send the license to. Print out the copies and sign the copies and send them. If you cannot scan them, make copies somewhere else and sign the copies. Most places will not take a photo copy of your signature.
              Ha! GF was just asking why I had 50 copies of it on the dresser
              http://coltpython.blogspot.com/

              Comment

              • #8
                proudamerican831
                Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 431

                deleted
                Last edited by proudamerican831; 05-19-2009, 3:01 AM.
                I am a Curio and Relic

                Comment

                • #9
                  renardsubtil
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 1659

                  Don't forget to apply to all those nice online stores that give you discounts for being an FFL03...namely Graf and Sons
                  "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    dfletcher
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 14810

                    Originally posted by proudamerican831
                    Now, do not sign the license. Scan it into your computer. Get your list of dealers you want to send the license to. Print out the copies and sign the copies and send them. If you cannot scan them, make copies somewhere else and sign the copies. Most places will not take a photo copy of your signature.
                    I carry an electronic copy of my COE (and the cover sheet with address) plus C & R on my hand held. If I find something worthwhile I can e-mail the documents to the store I happen to be in & sign away - saves carrying some paperwork.

                    Did you notice the COE doesn't carry an address on it? The separate cover sheet does have the address & I figure between the C & R with address, the COE cover with address that no further residency proof is required, but my habit is to still have a PG & E with me.
                    GOA Member & SAF Life Member

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      D.R.E.
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 891

                      Oh, nice. That's smart. I'll have to do that.

                      Originally posted by dfletcher
                      I carry an electronic copy of my COE (and the cover sheet with address) plus C & R on my hand held. If I find something worthwhile I can e-mail the documents to the store I happen to be in & sign away - saves carrying some paperwork.

                      Did you notice the COE doesn't carry an address on it? The separate cover sheet does have the address & I figure between the C & R with address, the COE cover with address that no further residency proof is required, but my habit is to still have a PG & E with me.
                      http://coltpython.blogspot.com/

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        D.R.E.
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 891

                        So went down to Roger's Relics today and picked up 8 colt revolvers. Holy cow, the DROS fees sure add up.

                        On the other hand, I lucked out on a few pistols that I picked up cheap: amazing 1957 python w/ gorgeous blueing (I hope not a reblue, but looks like a good one if so), a 3-digit model 357 from the colt musuem w/ factory letter, a rare single action officers model match, and a 1st year 4-digit model 357. Plus some very cool officers model specials (though in 22lr).

                        My GF has given up on any interesting conversation in the near future...
                        http://coltpython.blogspot.com/

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Hard_2_Kill
                          Junior Member
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 71

                          don't forget about Brownells. They offer FFL's discounts...At least 01 licenses for sure, hopefully you can get the discount with an 03 license.
                          NRA Life Member

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            proudamerican831
                            Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 431

                            deleted
                            Last edited by proudamerican831; 05-19-2009, 2:55 AM.
                            I am a Curio and Relic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              bobbyblank
                              Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 438

                              Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but i just requested applications to get my C&R recently, and was wondering what COE is. i have read a handful of threads on getting your FFL03, but dont recall reading about a COE. Pardon my stupidity if its described somewhere else . Thanks

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1