Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M48 hits the desert

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • socomIInato
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 880

    M48 hits the desert

    My newly acquired M48 recieved it baptism of fire last saturday. 150 rounds went down range. accuracy and handling suberb. I have to say I really like the hitting power and range of those 8mm rounds. can`t tell you what size groupings. informal target shooting at ranges out to 800 yrds or more. what I aimed at it hit. no need to adjust front sight it shot dead on. I do have the tool to adjust it. I did overlook one thing when i was removing the cosmoline from the rifle. I missed cleaning the ejector. when I pulled the bolt back the shell would not eject. a quick spray of oil and wipe of a rag solved the problem. trigger pull excellent for a military rifle and the bore on this particular M48 was like new. That`s the reason I purchased it, stock in nice shape. I`m going to take it to the range to check it`s group size, but I`ll have to switch to my non-magnetic supply of ammo. Price of M48 $200.00. I`ve already purchased front sight adjusting tool, bayonet and original serb sling. I guess you can say I`m pretty happy with this addition to my mauser collection.

    M48 hits angeles today: accuracy confirmed, steel targets at 100, 200, 300,400 were consistently hit. Mr,. Pig at 600 took a few hits, not bad for mauser style sight. It was a little windy today. Didn`t have time to group on paper. I was scoping in one of my semi autos.





    1
    Last edited by socomIInato; 02-19-2009, 8:18 PM. Reason: update
Working...
UA-8071174-1