Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

P 08 " presentaton grade" DWM

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Henpeckd
    Member
    • Dec 2015
    • 218

    P 08 " presentaton grade" DWM

    I bought a "presentation grade " " Mitchel's Mauser" second hand ( no I did not pay anymore than for a usual Luger of that age ). I looks good ( obviously was refinished ) but I got it as a shooter. Any reason I should not shoot it ? It's a 1918 DWM 4" barrel.
  • #2
    Ponchsox
    Member
    • Jun 2016
    • 382

    How much?

    Comment

    • #3
      zinfull
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2006
      • 2733

      Shoot away after all it is just a shooter.

      Comment

      • #4
        Henpeckd
        Member
        • Dec 2015
        • 218

        $1275 he wants $$$4995 for that age on line

        Comment

        • #5
          Bobby Ricigliano
          Mit Gott und Mauser
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2011
          • 17439

          I go against the grain here in that I actually like the Mitchell Mausers if they can be had for a good deal and the buyer knows what he is buying.

          I have seen the Mitchell "Presentation Grade" Luger. If you got what you consider a good deal then by all means shoot, enjoy, repeat. That silly presentation wood box with the red felt and fake iron cross are worthless.

          Comment

          • #6
            Henpeckd
            Member
            • Dec 2015
            • 218

            Worthless box ? Really ? I bet it cost about a buck two fifty . Looks impressive. Actually the gun looks pretty good, just wanted to make sure "presentation grade" didn't mean " this is only made to look good, don't dare shoot it or it may blow up "

            Comment

            • #7
              Anubis Laughed
              Member
              • Sep 2010
              • 471

              It will have been renumbered and refinished by Mitchell's. Their calling it 'presentation grade' is just their sales listing. It won't have the resale value that an all-original atching 98% finish P08 will have. So go ahead and shoot it, enjoy it for what it is, a very nice looking Luger.

              I have one of their k98's, actually is quite accurate at the range.
              "What a lovely but absolutely ridiculous sentiment!"

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1