Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DOJ form fees?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cyberfish2
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2015
    • 95

    DOJ form fees?

    I have filled out the reporting form for the C&R Calif. DOJ for two guns I got at the Reno show this past weekend.
    Before I seal the envelope with the requested $19 processing fee, I need to know, is that per gun, or will that cover both guns on the same form?
    NRA, CRPA.
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time."
  • #2
    ccandgc
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 2142

    For both.
    -Chad

    Comment

    • #3
      Gutter
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2012
      • 1215

      This may be more convenient for you instead of mailing:

      Comment

      • #4
        cyberfish2
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2015
        • 95

        Originally posted by ccandgc
        For both.
        Thanks. I didn't want to get it back for lack of fees.
        NRA, CRPA.
        "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

        Comment

        • #5
          cyberfish2
          Junior Member
          • Jan 2015
          • 95

          Originally posted by Gutter
          This may be more convenient for you instead of mailing:

          https://cfars.doj.ca.gov
          Thanks, I looked at the site. I will likely stick with a check, since I just had a CC account hacked.
          NRA, CRPA.
          "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

          Comment

          • #6
            1bulletBarney
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Oct 2013
            • 1913

            Watch your checking account. When you see the check post (3-4 weeks), you know the DOJ received the form and cashed the check. Don't lose any sleep waiting for the confirmation letter because the DOJ is in no hurry to that end...
            NRA Member
            NRA-ILA Contributor
            CGN Contributor

            iTrader Feedback
            1bulletBarney iTrader Feedback - Calguns.net?

            Comment

            • #7
              Gutter
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 1215

              Originally posted by 1bulletBarney
              Watch your checking account. When you see the check post (3-4 weeks), you know the DOJ received the form and cashed the check. Don't lose any sleep waiting for the confirmation letter because the DOJ is in no hurry to that end...
              They're averaging about one month in turn around time as of my last four submissions.

              Comment

              • #8
                pacrat
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2014
                • 10285

                A word of caution.

                DO NOT WRITE CHECKS USING A REGULAR BALL POINT PEN.

                Only use "GEL" pens to write checks or fill in MOs with. Especially if you are going to mail them.

                It's no longer just thieves stealing mail from mail boxes. A recent arrest of 33 USPS employees in Orange and LA Counties, and recovery of thousands of pieces of mail at their residences. Proves that even dropping a USPS MO/Check into the slot at a PO is NOT safe from theft....washing....and cashing by USPS employees.


                JM2c....BTDT.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1