Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PPSH 10rnd mags?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mdouglas1980
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 871

    PPSH 10rnd mags?

    I know that there were some PPSH-41s for sale here a few months back and I didn't have the money to jump on one at the time. Does anyone know where you can get a 10rnd for these babies? or maybe a 10/35 stick mag for them? I know that Military Gun Supply builds them, but are they CA friendly? thanks
  • #2
    69Mach1
    Super Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2006
    • 15032

    Contact Allied Armament. They were selling the PPSH-41s with 10 rounders to CA.
    sigpic
    69Mach1
    munkeeboi
    TURBOELKY
    antix2
    WTSGDYBBR
    tujungatoes
    jmpgnr24K

    Comment

    • #3
      mdouglas1980
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 871

      cool thanks. Hopefully they aren't totally outrageously expensive now. I saw one on Gunbroker for $1750 I think it was......

      Comment

      • #4
        mdouglas1980
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 871

        Looks like AA is $950 sounds better than $1750!

        Comment

        • #5
          thefifthspeed
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 2674

          No chance that AA is still making them. They may have one hiding in their shop somewhere but from what I read the cost and trouble for them to make them was way beyond profit. Towards the end it seemed like they scrapped the whole idea and put the rest of their receivers on GB and most sold for around 200 bucks.

          AA was selling 10 round stick magazines but honestly they look really awkward. When I think of the PPSH I think of that giant drum which is one of the reasons I didn't buy one. I guess it isn't out of the realm of possibilities to have an outa-stater fashion up a 10 round drum.

          Comment

          • #6
            Someguy925
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2007
            • 572

            Yah they basically took a 35 stick mag and cut it down to a length where it can only fit 10 rounds. It really does look odd.

            Comment

            • #7
              thefifthspeed
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 2007
              • 2674

              Originally posted by Someguy925
              Yah they basically took a 35 stick mag and cut it down to a length where it can only fit 10 rounds. It really does look odd.
              Didn't you post a thread about your PPSH from AA? How is it holding up? If I could find one for sale again in the future I think i would buy it this time.

              Comment

              • #8
                Someguy925
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2007
                • 572

                I haven't shot it in a while, but it has issues with double firing. I need to send it back to AA for them to take a look. Other than that it shoots pretty well.
                Last edited by Someguy925; 01-29-2009, 8:53 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  fal_762x51
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 2733

                  Get a broken drum, gut it, leave the feed lips and weld a CZ52 mag into it.
                  sigpic

                  Antelope Valley grown, now State of Jefferson transplant.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Fate
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 9545

                    Originally posted by fal_762x51
                    Get a broken drum, gut it, leave the feed lips and weld a CZ52 mag into it.
                    You've never seen the inside of a PPSh drum, have you? This would be easier said than done.

                    I've seen some airsoft guys casting drums in a clamshell form, which *might* work. Problem is the width of a mag fitting into the width of the drum shell. I don't think it's doable, especially since pistol magazines have a cant to them. They're not straight, like a Sten or Uzi magazine.

                    I suppose you could weld something within the snail "track", but due to the nature of the winding mechanism, you would probably only be able to get it to hold 6 or 7 rounds as that's where it would "click" to. Plus a 6 round drum mag would really suck to use as opening the drum and loading it is a fairly slow process.

                    Best option would be to get some stick mag rebuild kits and permanently alter them to hold 10 rounds.
                    sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                    "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                    , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1