Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

help me with pricing some rifles please!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tovarish
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 1615

    help me with pricing some rifles please!

    Hi there,

    I'm really not a long gun guy and am selling some of my milsurp rifles.

    It's hard to figure out the CA market if you don't pay attention because the sellers always delete the price after the sale.

    I took a bit of a shot in the dark with these and am wondering if any of you can confirm the prices or set me straight. I think I might have gone a bit high. Here's the listing:

  • #2
    highpower790
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 3481

    The Yugo is overpriced in my opinion compared to one I sold a couple years at $365but it was all matching numbers in near new condition.
    Keep it simple!

    Comment

    • #3
      Tovarish
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2014
      • 1615

      Originally posted by highpower790
      The Yugo is overpriced in my opinion compared to one I sold a couple years at $365but it was all matching numbers in near new condition.
      Thanks. So maybe $200 for the Yugo would be a good deal for the buyer?

      How about the SMLEs?

      Comment

      • #4
        Tovarish
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2014
        • 1615

        Alright, dropped the Yugo to $200 and SMLEs to $450.

        Comment

        • #5
          highpower790
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2013
          • 3481

          Originally posted by Tovarish
          Thanks. So maybe $200 for the Yugo would be a good deal for the buyer?

          How about the SMLEs?
          Without better pictures its hard to judge the value.Both rifles appeared to be warn.Its possible both could fetch $300 each on the high end.
          Keep it simple!

          Comment

          • #6
            echo1
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 3932

            Originally posted by Tovarish

            How about the SMLEs?
            To me, they seem close to the "I don't really want to sell" price, not actually holding them. But I'm cheap. I'd think some might snap one up for $415. You got 2, see what moves. I'd like to see you get that close to 5 bills, but I too haven't been paying close attention. PAX
            You need a crew

            "A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

            Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

            Comment

            • #7
              Tovarish
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2014
              • 1615

              Originally posted by highpower790
              Without better pictures its hard to judge the value.Both rifles appeared to be warn.Its possible both could fetch $300 each on the high end.
              Yes, they are. Got it and brought those down as well. thanks for the input.

              Comment

              • #8
                rvr350
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2013
                • 716

                The enfield is priced right, actually it's priced right without the ammo. But I definitely would try to take better, more "clear" pictures.

                Comment

                • #9
                  bigbossman
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 11280

                  Originally posted by rvr350
                  The enfield is priced right, actually it's priced right without the ammo. But I definitely would try to take better, more "clear" pictures.
                  This.

                  With good pictures they should sell for what you're asking. I just sold a nice one for $375, without ammo.

                  As an aside - I never understood why sellers remove the price after a sale. I also frequent an audio site, and there is a "gentleman's agreement"among the users there to leave the prices after a sale. All sold items are moved into a "sold" sub-forum, and it is a good resource for other members to do "comps" on gear and media values.

                  I wish we did the same here.
                  Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

                  "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    rvr350
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 716

                    Originally posted by bigbossman
                    This.

                    With good pictures they should sell for what you're asking. I just sold a nice one for $375, without ammo.

                    As an aside - I never understood why sellers remove the price after a sale. I also frequent an audio site, and there is a "gentleman's agreement"among the users there to leave the prices after a sale. All sold items are moved into a "sold" sub-forum, and it is a good resource for other members to do "comps" on gear and media values.

                    I wish we did the same here.
                    This.

                    I think it's a disservice to our fellow collectors when the prices are deleted. Maybe i'm just being lazy, but I think fair market values are determined somewhat by what has been sold in similar condition. Just like real estate.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Enfield47
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 6385

                      I agree that sellers shouldn't remove the price. It would help people to know what items have sold for.

                      I think you now have the Enfields fairly priced. However, I can't tell much from the pictures and condition is everything. If you take better pictures they'll probably sell a lot quicker.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Tovarish
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2014
                        • 1615

                        I use a cheap phone. I'll try to get some better photos.

                        As for deleting the prices, one reason is because it stops the inquiries. I used to leave my prices up and I would get PMs months later from buyers who didn't read the part of the ad that said "sold." They'll never send that PM before they find the price, though.

                        Still there are better ways like doing strikethrough over the price and writing "sold" next to it.

                        Thanks guys.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Tovarish
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 1615

                          Update: Sold one Enfield with 150 rounds for $400, one with 50 rounds for $300, and the Yugo with 40 rounds for $200.

                          In all cases the buyer felt they got a great deal and I didn't have to work hard to sell them. If I'd had more time I probably could have gotten $50 to $100 more for each of them.

                          Thanks for your help.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            NorcalGSG
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 1307

                            Well both parties are happy. That's all that matters. ��

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Enfield47
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 6385

                              Congrats on selling them fairly quickly.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1