Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recent La Habra Weapons Bust

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • keith1911
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 1297

    Recent La Habra Weapons Bust

    I saw an article in the OC Register about a gun bust. Looking closely at the picture I saw quite a few C&Rs and even maybe a MP-38. I sent a note to the Chief letting him know that he might not want to destroy it and might be sitting on a gold mine.

    LA HABRA – Police acted on a tip from a smartphone application Sunday to arrest a man for possession of illegal drugs and paraphernalia. In addition to suspected narcotic offenses, 41-year-old Ronald Amster also faces numerous…
  • #2
    larkja
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 1362

    I'm confused. If he was a felon, how was he able to purchase all of those guns, pass a background check, and register them legally through an FFL?

    Oh wait, maybe they weren't obtained legally???

    Comment

    • #3
      TS77
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2007
      • 1697

      ^or he had them before being a felon and never got rid of them.

      Nice collection though

      Comment

      • #4
        Moemoe1
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2012
        • 1571

        Oh my gosh is that an MP-40!!!???

        Comment

        • #5
          HumedoNino
          Banned
          • Jun 2016
          • 177

          "Around 3:50 p.m Sunday, La Habra police received a tip through “TIP411”

          Stop telling people about your guns and blabbing your business.

          Comment

          • #6
            hollowpoint67
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 1452

            Man...what the hell.

            Does CA not do police auctions? I know firearms would never happen but what about other items?

            Comment

            • #7
              Calico1404
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2016
              • 3401

              Responding to a "Child in the house with drugs and guns" received on a smartphone app.

              Enforcement shows up, meet outside with defendant. Defendant explains child is under the care of a relative at a different location. Enforcement still enters as a precaution I am sure, and trip over 21 rifles and hand guns... Ammo and Standard capacity magazines. I am sure there is a lot more to this but interesting how it played out.

              Comment

              • #8
                Archon_g24
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2014
                • 546

                I'll take the FAL and Enfield.
                NRA, CRPA, and RWVA member.

                Comment

                • #9
                  applesaucegalore1
                  Junior Member
                  • Apr 2016
                  • 37

                  Originally posted by Archon_g24
                  I'll take the FAL and Enfield.
                  Haha seconds on Enfield, also I'll take the mp40.

                  Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    wireless
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 4346

                    Hopefully that MP-40 can be transferred to a museum or better yet returned to its owner if it's a legally registered NFA firearm.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      j-shot
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2014
                      • 1646

                      They will foolishly destroy all these guns.
                      Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                      ...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
                      Originally posted by Appleseed
                      A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
                      Originally posted by ProShooter
                      No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Lonestargrizzly not a Cabinetguy
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2015
                        • 6504

                        PTR!!!!!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          357manny
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2016
                          • 1676

                          Wow, what a collection.

                          Officers recovered 21 rifles and three handguns, along with ammunition and high-capacity magazines from the home, police said.
                          I don't see anything about narcotics. Likely he's the actual legal owner. SMH

                          NVM:
                          living at a residence where the parent was in possession of firearms and narcotics.


                          Bah. I reread the article. It's merely "suspected narcotics offenses". sheesh
                          Last edited by 357manny; 06-09-2016, 3:00 PM.
                          this is a signature

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            echo1
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 3932

                            There was some nice stuff indeed. I thought felons couldn't get guns? Hate to see those get it to the wrong hands, i.e. LOE melt down or tug barge off to sea. Looks like they could've been some of ours. PAX
                            You need a crew

                            "A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

                            Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              smle-man
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 10605

                              Soon to be rebar.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1