Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mosin Warhorses

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GunnyUSMC
    Senior Member
    • May 2016
    • 551

    Mosin Warhorses

    I have never been a big fan of refurbed Mosins. The pretty bluing, flaking shellac and forced matched numbers. I feel that they had so much history scrubed off of them.
    I really like the Warhorses that have that BTDT (Been There, Done That) look.
    Everytime I come across one I try to buy it, or tread a nice looking refurb of the same make and year for it.
    Here are a few that I have in my collection.










    Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
    GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC
  • #2
    Swagman00
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 4149

    What the....round receivers!? Get 'em outta there!

    Looking good IMHO.
    Anyway...here's a dearth of reasoning to ponder: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Guns

    Originally posted by movie zombie
    and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!

    Comment

    • #3
      SonofWWIIDI
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2011
      • 21583

      Nice collection.
      Sorry, not sorry.
      🎺

      Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

      Comment

      • #4
        NOTABIKER
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2012
        • 7635

        I went the other way, down to a humble Chinese T 53. it is a good one and i am sure it will flawlessly out live me.
        Nice collection, thanks for sharing.

        Comment

        • #5
          Garand Hunter
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2016
          • 2786

          What NO Finns ? !!

          Psalm 1

          Comment

          • #6
            GunnyUSMC
            Senior Member
            • May 2016
            • 551

            Originally posted by Garand Hunter
            What NO Finns ? !!

            Psalm 1
            There are three Finn marked rifles in that bunch and two SCW.

            I'll try and pull out the M91 Warhorses. I'll also look to see if I still have the well worn M39.
            Last edited by GunnyUSMC; 05-29-2016, 6:11 PM.
            Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
            GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC

            Comment

            • #7
              Enfield47
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2012
              • 6385

              Gunny, are the unreferbed Mosins you have import marked? Could these have been Soviet captured rifles that the US or UK found in German occupied areas and later imported into the US?

              Comment

              • #8
                GunnyUSMC
                Senior Member
                • May 2016
                • 551

                Originally posted by Enfield47
                Gunny, are the unreferbed Mosins you have import marked? Could these have been Soviet captured rifles that the US or UK found in German occupied areas and later imported into the US?
                Firearms that came in from other countries were required to have the country of origin stamped on them prior to the firearms control act of '68. This is why you see "Made in USSR" stamped on SCW rifles. Just like the 1926 Izhevsk M91 Dragoon in this pic.


                And the 1936 Tula in this one.

                But SCW rifles have shown up without the Made in USSR stamp. It is speculated that the importer just miss stamping the rifle, or that some of the 2,800 Americans that volunteered to fight in The Abraham Lincoln Brigade carried some home.
                I will have to take a closer look today, when I get home from work, to see if the others are import marked are not.
                Last edited by GunnyUSMC; 05-30-2016, 2:15 PM.
                Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
                GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC

                Comment

                • #9
                  GunnyUSMC
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2016
                  • 551

                  Four are not import marked.
                  1898 Izhevsk Dragoon SA marked


                  1934 Tula


                  1925 Izhevsk Ex-Dragoon


                  1929 Izhevsk Dragoon SA marked
                  Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
                  GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    smle-man
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 10606

                    There are war trophy MNs around from WW2, Korea, and Vietnam. I picked up a couple over the years when I was in the service from guys who brought them back from VN. I also got a T53 or two and an SKS or two from NCOs who got tired of the 'old guns' sitting in the closet or their wife nagged them enough to get rid of them.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      GunnyUSMC
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2016
                      • 551

                      Here is my M39 Warhorse. I have two other M39 and a M27, but they are to pretty to call Warhorses.





                      It may take me a little longer to get to all the M91s.
                      Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
                      GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Enfield47
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 6385

                        Gunny, those Mosins that aren't import marked are interesting. I wish there was a way to find out their history. It seems pretty rare to see unrefurbed Mosins that weren't GI bringbacks.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1