Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

C&R renewal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gavelek
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 1275

    C&R renewal

    Just received a renewal form, this is my first renewal and I see couple questions which are very in depth; how many guns were purchased/sold with license during last 3 years..
    Do you use Internet to conduct transactions...

    So I am going through my book and receipts, and numbers are piling up, for internet I think I should put calguns...

    Anybody went through the process recently, any comments, advice?
    Thanks
  • #2
    -hanko
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2002
    • 14174

    Originally posted by Gavelek
    Just received a renewal form, this is my first renewal and I see couple questions which are very in depth; how many guns were purchased/sold with license during last 3 years..
    Do you use Internet to conduct transactions...

    So I am going through my book and receipts, and numbers are piling up, for internet I think I should put calguns...

    Anybody went through the process recently, any comments, advice?
    Thanks
    I guess I don't see those questions as "very in depth"...

    Open your bound book and count the number of guns you've bought and sold in the last 3 years.

    If I bought or sold from / to an individual, I enter his / her information. If I bought from a dealer on the web, I enter his info from his FFL and his website.

    Either an individual or FFL transaction needs to show SOMEONE'S NAME.
    Last edited by -hanko; 05-10-2016, 8:08 AM.
    True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

    Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

    A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

    Comment

    • #3
      rdfact
      CGN Contributor
      • Nov 2012
      • 2671

      Mine expired 5/1. I mailed in the renewal form mid-Feb and just received the new license 5/7.
      I interpreted "conducting transactions over the Internet" as using online auction sites, not advertising on CG and doing a PPT.

      Comment

      • #4
        Eljay
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4985

        If it really bugs you, let your license expire and get a new one later. You also start with a fresh bound book at that point.

        Comment

        • #5
          -hanko
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jul 2002
          • 14174

          Originally posted by rdfact
          Mine expired 5/1. I mailed in the renewal form mid-Feb and just received the new license 5/7.
          I interpreted "conducting transactions over the Internet" as using online auction sites, not advertising on CG and doing a PPT.
          I just bought a Model 37 Ithaca based on an ad on arfcom.

          I'd also interpret that as "conducting a transaction over the internet"...so, I'll put the guy's c&r info into my bound book once I receive the shotgun accompanied by the seller's info.

          I'd also suggest that if keeping a bound book appears to be too daunting that maybe forgetting the C&R is an option.
          True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

          Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

          Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

          A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

          Comment

          • #6
            Gavelek
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2012
            • 1275

            no problem with keeping the records, all my C&R transaction are via calguns, so I guess I put CG as an internet source, thanks

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1