Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Using steam to remove Cosmoline?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    kcmiller
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 33

    Originally posted by audihenry
    Use the orange cleaner stuff. Works a treat!
    Like "Gojo"?? The mechanic hand wash stuff or is there another orange cleaner?

    Comment

    • #17
      BP88
      Banned
      • Apr 2008
      • 1730

      Originally posted by kcmiller
      Like "Gojo"?? The mechanic hand wash stuff or is there another orange cleaner?
      I think he's referring to Orange Force. It's an industrial strength soap used in a lot of restaurants. I think pumice scrubs like Gojo could scratch the finish if you work it in hard enough.

      Comment

      • #18
        kcmiller
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 33

        Originally posted by BP88
        I think he's referring to Orange Force. It's an industrial strength soap used in a lot of restaurants. I think pumice scrubs like Gojo could scratch the finish if you work it in hard enough.
        That's what I was thinking. I'll have to look up that orange force.

        Comment

        • #19
          Scout106
          Member
          • Feb 2007
          • 270

          I don't know why more guys don't use a steamer to get the cosmo out/off the metal. I've been using mine that way for years with never a problem. Did a S-C M1903A3 just a few weeks ago. The hot water will not hurt the metal, just as long as you lightly oil everything afterwards. In the USMC we had to clean our M14s with hot water, so you know there is little likelyhood of any damage. Doesn't work on stocks though.
          sigpic RVN 01May66 - 15Jun67

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1