Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

B/P .44 Pin Stuck////Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Eat Dirt
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2007
    • 9735

    B/P .44 Pin Stuck////Help

    A friend ( Really ) brought me his Pietta .44 cal Navy revolver

    Somehow he has the disassembly pin forward of the cylinder Stuck !!
    I've tried smacking it with a plastic end small hammer I have but ,,No Go
    Could it be that he inserted it upside down , ??
    If that would make a difference
    --------------------------------------------------------------

    I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns
  • #2
    Springfield45
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2008
    • 2426

    Try a large punch or a large wooden dowel with a bigger hammer. It will move.

    Comment

    • #3
      Eat Dirt
      Calguns Addict
      • Nov 2007
      • 9735

      I've had 2 of these pistols before
      And
      Have never had or seen this problem .............

      Might have to look for a piece of plastic the size of a pencil to use as a punch so I don't mess up the finish on anything
      --------------------------------------------------------------

      I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns

      Comment

      • #4
        musketjon
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 1746

        Originally posted by Eat Dirt
        Somehow he has the disassembly pin forward of the cylinder Stuck !!
        Disassembly PIN???? Are you talking about the BARREL WEDGE, or KEY?? As previously mentioned, a brass or wooden drift and a BFH will drive it right out. Try loosening or removing the retaining screw on the opposite side first. Sometimes the screw can bind the wedge and make it difficult to remove. I seriously doubt it's in upside down unless the screw is absent and even so, it should drive right out.
        Jon
        Last edited by musketjon; 02-16-2016, 9:36 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          Eat Dirt
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2007
          • 9735

          Originally posted by musketjon
          Disassembly PIN???? Are you talking about the BARREL WEDGE, or KEY?? As previously mentioned, a brass or wooden drift and a BFH will drive it right out. Try loosening or removing the retaining screw on the opposite side first. Sometimes the screw can bind the wedge and make it difficult to remove. I seriously doubt it's in upside down unless the screw is absent and even so, it should drive right out.
          Jon

          Got It !!
          That little bugger was in There !!

          Yes ,, The Barrel Wedge
          Ground down flat an old punch I had and covered Wedge with some thick paper and gave it a smack.....second hit did it

          Thanks for the advice
          Now to " Clean " things up
          --------------------------------------------------------------

          I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns

          Comment

          • #6
            Sousuke
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2012
            • 4078

            Originally posted by Eat Dirt
            Got It !!
            That little bugger was in There !!

            Yes ,, The Barrel Wedge
            Ground down flat an old punch I had and covered Wedge with some thick paper and gave it a smack.....second hit did it

            Thanks for the advice
            Now to " Clean " things up
            I bought a used 1860 that was like that. This is a tip I saw from Duelist1951 on youtube that you might have him try in the future. Take a wood clothes pin and pull it apart. The wood is a perfect sized punch for the wedge.
            Everyone on Calguns keeps talking about TDS. I never knew we had so many fish keepers!

            The TDS on my 10gallon tanks 110ppm
            The TDS on my 29 gallon tank is 150ppm (due to substrate)

            Comment

            • #7
              Tom-ADC
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 3614

              I made a brass drift out of one of these, make sure its solid brass and not just plated, use the slider and with either a file or sander shape one end to size.
              US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1