Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hakim Rifle

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brian_L
    Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 100

    Hakim Rifle

    I have seen a few of these around at the gun shows in my area and I I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on these interesting rifle.


    What is the going "rate" for the Hakim?
    What is this I hear about them crushing fingers?
    Is there anything I should look out for if I aim to purchase one?


    Thanks and Merry Christmas
    A Place for like-minded Conservatives, gun enthusiasts, and quibblers:

    Arthur's Hall
  • #2
    Dirtbiker
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 2810

    Check out www.surplusrifle.com and look at the Hakim page.

    I really wanted a Swedish Ljungman but they are much more expensive than the Hakim. The Hakim is a very close relative to the Ljungman chambered in 8mm mauser. I just bought one and I should pick in up in a week or so.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

    Thomas Jefferson

    Comment

    • #3
      Brian_L
      Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 100

      Any idea on how much they run for?
      A Place for like-minded Conservatives, gun enthusiasts, and quibblers:

      Arthur's Hall

      Comment

      • #4
        Gator Monroe
        Banned
        • Oct 2007
        • 6422

        Look at the Rasheed also !

        Comment

        • #5
          Gunaria
          Banned
          • Jan 2007
          • 3894

          Given if you can find one, the average price is close to $500 for one.

          Comment

          • #6
            Saigon1965
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Nov 2003
            • 17278

            What were they asking for the ones at the show?

            Comment

            • #7
              Brian_L
              Member
              • Sep 2008
              • 100

              Originally posted by saigon1965
              What were they asking for the ones at the show?
              I think the last one I saw was 950+.
              A Place for like-minded Conservatives, gun enthusiasts, and quibblers:

              Arthur's Hall

              Comment

              • #8
                Full Clip
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2006
                • 10266

                Ouch! $500-650 is what I've seen.
                Real beast of a rifle...

                Comment

                • #9
                  Dirtbiker
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 2810

                  On gunbroker they run $600 to $800 but I've never seen one sell for that much. I scored mine for $425 but the usual going rate seems to be $500-575.

                  Always check the bore and overall condition. Some seem really nice and others are beat to heck. I don't know of any real problems with the design other than they can smash your fingers if you arent paying attention.
                  To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

                  Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    socomIInato
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 880

                    hakim shoot better then you would think considering the awkward balance. mines pretty accurate. but mine in mint condition.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MET1
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 384

                      They are a ton of fun to shoot. Once you get the gas system adjusted for the ammo that you are using, I have found them to be very reliable. Back when 8mm was $.05 per round delivered, you could plink most of an afternoon for less then the cost of a decent meal. I enjoy shooting from the bench and feeling the rush of air fly passed your head from the break. Recoil is nill and accuracy is minute of rock....

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        TRICKSTER
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 12438

                        They had one at the Cal Expo show last week, in so-so shape, for $800. Some people are counting on Obama panic. No way was it worth that much.


                        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          mj1
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2006
                          • 3318

                          It will depend on what it's worth to the right buyer.


                          cheers
                          WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
                          WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
                          I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
                          The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            gun toting monkeyboy
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 6820

                            $600-800 max, in really good condition. $400-500 for a shooter grade. They are fun, but loud.

                            -Mb
                            Originally posted by aplinker
                            It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mj1
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 3318

                              I think that is a little low for today.



                              ...MJ...
                              WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
                              WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
                              I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
                              The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1