Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Thompson center .54

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MA5177
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 1487

    Thompson center .54

    A friend of mine inherited a thompson center .54 cal with octogonal barrel. He wants to sell it and I was going to try to help him. What is the value of this?
  • #2
    Fjold
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2005
    • 23066

    I bought my left handed .54 Thompson Center Renegade as a kit in 1984 for $99.
    Frank

    One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




    Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

    Comment

    • #3
      NOTABIKER
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2012
      • 7635

      Is it a pistol or rifle ?. My bud has a Thompson contender single shot pistol that shoots a 45-70 and it is a hand killer.

      Comment

      • #4
        MA5177
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 1487

        It's a rifle, don't know if it was a kit or not

        Comment

        • #5
          MA5177
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 1487

          If he wants to shoot it what do we need?

          Comment

          • #6
            CSACANNONEER
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2006
            • 44094

            It would depend on the gun, the condition and the vintage. I prefer older TC's with 1:66 twist to shoot patched roundballs. I bought a new old stock LH TC .54cal Renegade kit in '87 for $150 because it had an older barrel. I could have ordered a complete rifle for $125 wit a 1:48 twist. Today, a new ,54 cal TC could set you back over $500 depending on the model and ignition system yet, you might find a preowned one for $75. A few years ago, I paid $75 for a harder to find .45 cal TC Hawkins caplock. So, it really depends on who is selling it and what market they are trying to target.

            If he wants to shoot it, he will first need to know what he is doing. Once he knows how to safely shoot a frontloader, he will know what he needs.
            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
            Utah CCW Instructor


            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

            sigpic
            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

            KM6WLV

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1