Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Romanian M91/30 -

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Saigon1965
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 17278

    Romanian M91/30 -

    Gentlemen -

    I knew these existed via pictures -

    Seller found her on a rack in Big 5 years ago -

    I've not disassembled but I understand the trigger group is different -

    The peculiar holes on both sides of the stock is interesting -

    If you have any info - Please add to thread -

    Lots of pictures because I like pictures!

    She'll sit well next to the Hungarian 91/30 -
























  • #2
    Saigon1965
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 17278



















    Comment

    • #3
      Saigon1965
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2003
      • 17278














      Comment

      • #4
        Saigon1965
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Nov 2003
        • 17278















        Comment

        • #5
          81turbota
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          • Oct 2014
          • 2956

          Wow....that's something you dont see every day, year or decade. Outstanding find!
          C&R nut.

          Comment

          • #6
            Emdawg
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 4292

            ^^^What he said.
            *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

            Comment

            • #7
              Bobby Ricigliano
              Mit Gott und Mauser
              CGN Contributor
              • Feb 2011
              • 17439

              A rare find to be sure. I knew about these but I've never seen one in the wild. The Romy M44's are uncommon but the long rifle even much more so. Congrats!

              Comment

              • #8
                Peter.Steele
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2010
                • 7351

                Your rifle is wearing what looks an awful lot like a Finnish front sight. It's an M91 blade, dovetailed into a spacer, dovetailed into the base.
                NRA Life Member

                No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  mj1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3318

                  WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
                  WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
                  I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
                  The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mosinnagantm9130
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2009
                    • 8783

                    That was standard for Romanian 91/30s, IIRC

                    It's ok though, it's a 91/30 so you can bubba the hell out of it

                    Everyone knows big 5 91/30's are worthless *sarcasm*
                    Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                    My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                    Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                    Originally posted by ChopperX
                    I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                    Originally posted by Jeff L
                    Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Capybara
                      CGSSA Coordinator
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 15650

                      That date stamp on the receiver is such a modern font compared to the Russkie 91/30s. Very nice score Saigon.
                      NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Flyin Brian
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 3395

                        Very nice!
                        NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

                        I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

                        Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
                        I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Eddie1965
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 1465

                          As collector of Romanian firearms, this is great to see if only in pictures. The closest thing I have is a Romanian refurbed M91.
                          When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
                          For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Enfield47
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 6385

                            Very cool Saigon, thanks for sharing.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              69Mach1
                              Super Moderator
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 15032

                              Originally posted by Saigon1965
                              Gentlemen -

                              I knew these existed via pictures -

                              Seller found her on a rack in Big 5 years ago -

                              I've not disassembled but I understand the trigger group is different -

                              The peculiar holes on both sides of the stock is interesting -

                              If you have any info - Please add to thread -

                              Lots of pictures because I like pictures!

                              She'll sit well next to the Hungarian 91/30 -



























                              Very nice. Congrats.
                              sigpic
                              69Mach1
                              munkeeboi
                              TURBOELKY
                              antix2
                              WTSGDYBBR
                              tujungatoes
                              jmpgnr24K

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1