Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

No shipping

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mj1
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 3318

    No shipping

    I have been shopping for almost a year in California for a few things. But no one would ship instate. Idiots limit their market to a few blocks around their home. So last week I went out of state and in one week I bought another Yugo M57, another nice pre-billboard P64 and a sweet 20g Remington 1100 plus the sweet deal on yet one more 1944 Mosin PU. I think I saved well over $1500. Thank you Texas, Nebraska and Pennsylvania. I tried to keep my money in state I really did but it was exhausting talking to morons, pasting information and putting them together with my FFL by phone or email. The new long gun safety card and DEROS came to $75.

    Good on me.
    WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
    WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
    I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
    The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.
  • #2
    Capybara
    CGSSA Coordinator
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2012
    • 15661

    I have bought exactly three C&Rs in California, all of mine from the past few years are from out of state too. When we used to have cash and carry, it was pretty nice just meeting up with the seller, check out the rifle and taking it home. But those days are gone (without having to file a stupid form and paying the State for the privilege of registering your rifle). All good things come to an end. You should check out Martin B. Redding in Culver City if you are near LA. Lots of Calgunners have scored some nice C&Rs there and they seem to know the laws concerning C&Rs.
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      emcon5
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3347

      I understand it completely. Lots of CA FFLs are quite frankly *****s, and won't accept shipments from individuals, but only other FFLs, so you need to pay twice, once for a local FFL to ship it, and another prison-sex transfer fee for your FFL to receive it.

      Comment

      • #4
        mj1
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2006
        • 3318

        Things are rolling in..

        LGS charges $6 per day storage for the wait. I get that they need to keep the lights on.
        Last edited by mj1; 09-19-2015, 2:12 PM.
        WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
        WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
        I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
        The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

        Comment

        • #5
          Wes C Addle
          Banned
          • Apr 2015
          • 1867

          what's a DEROS? I want one

          Comment

          • #6
            watt79
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2012
            • 557

            Wait, 6 per day of the 10 days or 6 per day after your 10 are up?

            Comment

            • #7
              2761377
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2013
              • 2132

              Originally posted by Wes C Addle
              what's a DEROS? I want one
              Date of Estimated Return from OverSeas.

              Viet Nam servicemen knew theirs and kept calenders.

              I suspect in this case an autocorrect fail.
              MAGA

              Comment

              • #8
                I Swan
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2010
                • 8770

                No shipping does not always mean a deal a few blocks from your house. I've seen people drive insane amount of distance to acquire guns. A lot of times this involves off list handguns that can't be shipped though for a PPT.

                Comment

                • #9
                  mj1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3318

                  Originally posted by I Swan
                  No shipping does not always mean a deal a few blocks from your house. I've seen people drive insane amount of distance to acquire guns. A lot of times this involves off list handguns that can't be shipped though for a PPT.
                  I get that and am very understanding. Read my ITrader. I have driven far, bought lunches, given gas money to buyers and sellers. What I don't get is people who don't really want to sell posting WTS or anal people that won't drive ten minutes to my two hour drive to split an ammo buy. Ya you know who you are. Lets not even talk about money and gauging. Why won't they ship ? They are mostly stupid and lazy. Common reply when asked why they won't ship is "I don't want to get ripped off." How does that happen if you have the money and FFL paperwork up front ?

                  Rant over and I saved $200 + on these alone from Texas and Nebraska.
                  WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
                  WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
                  I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
                  The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    I Swan
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 8770

                    I had a guy hem and haw about meeting me 8-20 miles closer I was coming 90-100 miles away and had to make two trips. Then he agreed out of nowhere to come about 30 miles closer I agreed and tried to negotiate a meet time and then he said he didn't want to sell gun.

                    Gun wasn't all that desirable to most people and I told him I did not want any of his reloads with it. I'm good at reading people, he was just an old miserable retired ex military type that probably misses harassing people and got some amount of joy by jerking me around. He knows where he can stick that gun now.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1