We all know the black powder law of CA makes doing flintlock difficult...and for some, impossible..because to fire a non-caplock firearm one must use two different holy black...
Does anyone has positive experience or has done some experimentation of using FFFFg to prime Pyrodex P? Does that work in pistol? Rifle?
I have read somewhere that it is possible to mix small amount of FFFFg with Pyrodex as the propellant. A dangerous method but all experimentation. I think it is called duplexing, but correct me if I am wrong.
I also read somewhere that one can put a tiny amount of FFFFg equivalent to half the amount of a normal priming charge at bottom of the barrel before pouring Pyrodex P on top of it, thus allowing one to charge the priming pan with FFFFg. Also a bit dangerous since we are talking about putting 1 to 2 gr in the barrel of a rifle. A measurement mistake can have bad consequences.
If one uses larger than normal FFg amount of FFFg Pyrodex for rifle and then prime it with FFFFg, will that work?
If it is possible, at all, to use FFFFg to prime Pyrodex P, then what kind of formula or combination you come out that is the best..accuracy, distance, grouping?
I would not be asking this question if not because we are all living in California and have to deal with the absurd 1 pound law.
Does anyone has positive experience or has done some experimentation of using FFFFg to prime Pyrodex P? Does that work in pistol? Rifle?
I have read somewhere that it is possible to mix small amount of FFFFg with Pyrodex as the propellant. A dangerous method but all experimentation. I think it is called duplexing, but correct me if I am wrong.
I also read somewhere that one can put a tiny amount of FFFFg equivalent to half the amount of a normal priming charge at bottom of the barrel before pouring Pyrodex P on top of it, thus allowing one to charge the priming pan with FFFFg. Also a bit dangerous since we are talking about putting 1 to 2 gr in the barrel of a rifle. A measurement mistake can have bad consequences.
If one uses larger than normal FFg amount of FFFg Pyrodex for rifle and then prime it with FFFFg, will that work?
If it is possible, at all, to use FFFFg to prime Pyrodex P, then what kind of formula or combination you come out that is the best..accuracy, distance, grouping?
I would not be asking this question if not because we are all living in California and have to deal with the absurd 1 pound law.

Comment