Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FFG black powder

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • elk hunter
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2014
    • 2122

    FFG black powder

    Any one used FFG black powder in a .44 cal cap and ball revolver? I have read in several places that it works just fine in the large caliber handguns but produces slightly less velocity. TIA

    elk hunter
  • #2
    Paul_R
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jan 2011
    • 2847

    Yeah it's fine.
    Fear is a social disease

    Got a jury summons? Know your rights! http://fija.org/

    Comment

    • #3
      AR22
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 2174

      I use it in my original 1858 Remington. Seems to work fine.

      It may produce slightly less velocities as compared to 3F because it is a courser powder. But that will not cause any problems I can think of.

      Difference would be so negligible it would likely not even be noticeable unless you chronoed it.

      What Firearm do you shoot?
      Last edited by AR22; 08-17-2015, 12:16 AM.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1