Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Out of state blocking service?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 2meterB
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 1728

    Out of state blocking service?

    Abyonr know a ca friendly olace/ckntact that will take delivery of m1 carbine mags and put blocks in them to make CA legal, then reship?
  • #2
    AR22
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 2174

    I am no expert on this but I think this may be illegal doing this.

    Maybe not. But why not just find some five rounders and be done with it. They are out there.

    They would surely have to be permanently welded in blocks for sure that could not be removed.

    I know I am not doing it for you

    Comment

    • #3
      marksmandowntown
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2009
      • 1403

      Contact Calgunner Audiophil2. He does this and is awesome. It is not illegal when done correctly. Congrats on your CMP mags, I was thinking about doing the same before they sold out of them.
      GREATER SACRAMENTO AREA REALTOR
      PM for a free list of homes & income properties, or to see what your house is worth. BRE:#01443195 Fathom Realty

      Comment

      • #4
        Eljay
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4985

        Originally posted by AR22
        I am no expert on this but I think this may be illegal doing this.

        Maybe not. But why not just find some five rounders and be done with it. They are out there.

        They would surely have to be permanently welded in blocks for sure that could not be removed.

        I know I am not doing it for you
        If you don't know the answer, why are you posting?

        No, it's not illegal. The modification does need to be "permanent" but it's not a defined term and people tend to epoxy or rivet them, not weld. I'm unaware of any public service that will do this for CA customers because CA is sue happy but it's always possible there is such a thing. Definitely worth contacting the person mentioned above.
        Last edited by Eljay; 07-17-2015, 7:48 AM.

        Comment

        • #5
          2meterB
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2013
          • 1728

          I contacted him. Hopefully CMP will get some more mags soon

          Comment

          • #6
            Mustang
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2007
            • 5075

            Originally posted by 2meterB
            I contacted him. Hopefully CMP will get some more mags soon
            What did he say?
            ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

            Comment

            • #7
              lawhite92
              Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 287

              +1 for Audiophil2

              He took care of me during SSE last year and the Standard Capacity mags that came with some of them
              Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box

              Comment

              • #8
                JTBEE24
                Member
                • Jun 2013
                • 135

                Audiophil2 is definitely the man to contact. Very helpful resource to have.

                Comment

                • #9
                  joefrank64k
                  @ the Dark End of the Bar
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 10124

                  +100 for audiophil2, one of the greats.
                  You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                  If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                  Come on...what harm??

                  joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    2meterB
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 1728

                    Originally posted by Mustang
                    What did he say?
                    Hasnt got back to me yet. Imagine hes rral busy

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      AR22
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2011
                      • 2174

                      Originally posted by Eljay
                      If you don't know the answer, why are you posting?

                      No, it's not illegal. The modification does need to be "permanent" but it's not a defined term and people tend to epoxy or rivet them, weld. I'm unaware of any public service that will do this for CA customers because CA is sue happy but it's always possible there is such a thing. Definitely worth contacting the person mentioned above.
                      Well obviously by your accepting the fact it has to be permanent as I said may of been of some use and was atleast part of an answer..

                      It would scare the heck out of me what the definition of "permanent" is to any given official on any given day. Just to subjective to risk when lower capacity mags can be found. Also a shame to destroy a original one.

                      I no longer live out there and there is still no way in heck I am doing it for anyone, just not worth the risk to me knowing what could happen and not worth the risk to the OP if he runs across a jackass and has to defend himself in court. A lawsuit is a possibility, but I would be much more afraid of someone interpreting your modification, as in fact being permanent.

                      Others have ran across this kind of trouble and had to spend a life savings defending themselves.. Regardless..Goodluck getting it done OP
                      Last edited by AR22; 07-16-2015, 4:17 PM.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Baboosh
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 6769

                        We can also help if anyone needs mags blocked.
                        Just a normal guy

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          2meterB
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 1728

                          Originally posted by AR22
                          Well obviously by your accepting the fact it has to be permanent as I said may of been of some use and was atleast part of an answer..

                          It would scare the heck out of me what the definition of "permanent" is to any given official on any given day. Just to subjective to risk when lower capacity mags can be found. Also a shame to destroy a original one.

                          I no longer live out there and there is still no way in heck I am doing it for anyone, just not worth the risk to me knowing what could happen and not worth the risk to the OP if he runs across a jackass and has to defend himself in court. A lawsuit is a possibility, but I would be much more afraid of someone interpreting your modification, as in fact being permanent.

                          Others have ran across this kind of trouble and had to spend a life savings defending themselves.. Regardless..Goodluck getting it done OP
                          Id actualky prefer them cut down, like they did to make the originals 5rd... Seems a pain though. But there arent any good aftermarket 10rounders.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Baboosh
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 6769

                            We use internal spacers, you'll never know they were modified and we do not have to drill any holes or use rivets.

                            It is a little more expensive than rivets but it retains a magazine original.
                            Just a normal guy

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Enfield47
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Sep 2012
                              • 6385

                              Originally posted by Baboosh
                              We can also help if anyone needs mags blocked.
                              Can the mags be shipped directly to you?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1