Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

$13 "standard" shotgun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • edgarchavez
    Junior Member
    • May 2015
    • 74

    $13 "standard" shotgun

    Got this the other day for exactly $13 and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Old single barrel 12 gauge. Sold to me as an antique at a garage sale . Took some quick pictures see if you could hopefully give me more details on it? Only writing I've seen is the standard on the side and serial number 836. Any questions just ask. Thanks
    Attached Files
  • #2
    edgarchavez
    Junior Member
    • May 2015
    • 74

    Last pics, serial number is next to the trigger guard on the bottom.
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • #3
      1st Generation Gun Owner
      Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 123

      I don't think long gun FTF is legal anymore.


      Since 1991, substantially all firearms transfers are required to use a California-licensed FFL. There are no legal 'paperless' or 'face to face' handgun transfers, and as of 2014, no longer any way to sell long guns FTF.
      Last edited by 1st Generation Gun Owner; 05-20-2015, 7:42 AM.
      1st Generation Gun Owner
      After all the times I've been wrong when I thought something was illegal, I sure hope I'm right when I think something's legal!
      Originally posted by M. Sage
      I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.

      Comment

      • #4
        paratroop
        Senior Member
        • May 2009
        • 1743

        If its an antique, it doesnt have to go through an ffl, or if he has an 03, and coe.
        Originally posted by Marcus von W.
        Is that banjo music I hear?
        "Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
        "Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
        First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
        Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.

        Comment

        • #5
          UnitedWeStand
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 90

          Looks like a Harrington & Richardson (H&R) break action shotgun, early 1900s.
          If it's red, you're dead.

          Comment

          • #6
            chknlyps2
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 2191

            If it is a High Standard they didn't start making guns until 1926.
            Wanted: Spent Berdan primed Yugo 7.62x39 & 7.5x55 GP11 Swiss brass

            Comment

            • #7
              mosinnagantm9130
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2009
              • 8783

              Originally posted by paratroop
              If its an antique, it doesnt have to go through an ffl, or if he has an 03, and coe.
              This^^
              Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
              My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

              Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
              Originally posted by ChopperX
              I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
              Originally posted by Jeff L
              Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

              Comment

              • #8
                71MUSTY
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2014
                • 7029

                Sweet, I'd pay $13.00 every day for a wall decoration like that.
                Only slaves don't need guns

                Originally posted by epilepticninja
                Americans vs. Democrats
                We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


                We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


                What doesn't kill me, better run

                Comment

                • #9
                  edgarchavez
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2015
                  • 74

                  Originally posted by 1st Generation Gun Owner
                  I don't think long gun FTF is legal anymore.

                  http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Bu..._in_California
                  If its an antique, like mosinnagant and paratroop said, it all good.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    gun toting monkeyboy
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 6820

                    I think you've been had. It looks like an early 1900s single-shot shotgun, but I can't find anything on that brand. My guess would be that it was either one of the multitude of low-cost shotguns that came in from Europe around that time, or an off-brand gun made for a retailer by one of the American companies. Either way, they were never worth much. And I don't know if I would even consider that one to be functional. It might make a cool decoration. But I wouldn't try firing it, even with a tire and a looong string.

                    -Mb
                    Originally posted by aplinker
                    It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      edgarchavez
                      Junior Member
                      • May 2015
                      • 74

                      Originally posted by UnitedWeStand
                      Looks like a Harrington & Richardson (H&R) break action shotgun, early 1900s.
                      Thanks for the info! seems like the best guess so far

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        edgarchavez
                        Junior Member
                        • May 2015
                        • 74

                        Originally posted by gun toting monkeyboy
                        I think you've been had. It looks like an early 1900s single-shot shotgun, but I can't find anything on that brand. My guess would be that it was either one of the multitude of low-cost shotguns that came in from Europe around that time, or an off-brand gun made for a retailer by one of the American companies. Either way, they were never worth much. And I don't know if I would even consider that one to be functional. It might make a cool decoration. But I wouldn't try firing it, even with a tire and a looong string.

                        -Mb
                        Even the guy I bought it from told me not to fire . Probably going to hang it off the wall or something. Functionality wise, its rusty and chipped on the side so im not sure what would happen if it were fired. Never expected it be worth anything. And thanks for the information, that probably seems like what it would be, if i dont find any branding or such.
                        Last edited by edgarchavez; 05-20-2015, 7:13 PM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          edgarchavez
                          Junior Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 74

                          Originally posted by chknlyps2
                          If it is a High Standard they didn't start making guns until 1926.

                          It just say standard, so I dont think it is. Thanks though.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            rkt88edmo
                            Reptile&Samurai Moderator
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10063

                            If it is serial numbered doesn't that mean it is probably from the 50s or later?
                            If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
                            Use the goog to search calguns

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              paratroop
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2009
                              • 1743

                              So.......this probably isn't an antique then?

                              Uh oh!

                              Good thing you got you 03FFL and COE....right?
                              Originally posted by Marcus von W.
                              Is that banjo music I hear?
                              "Sporter" is what the drooling toothless inbred albino with the hacksaw thinks his newly created "dear riffel" is.
                              "Bubba" is what he and his ugly and ruined rifle really are.
                              First you are chopping up historic vintage rifles and sticking them in cheap and nasty looking plastic "dildo" stocks that look like some kind of futuristic sex toy that gay space aliens stick up each other's butts.
                              Next thing you know, you think "Deliverance" is a love story.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1