Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

buffer tube options

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kielbasavw
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 1611

    buffer tube options

    Im going featurless route, using hammerhead with entry stock attatched to grip. What are my options for buffer tube. I prefer to not use a collapsable stock tube, id like just a straight plain tube.

    Thanks
  • #2
    SILENT GUNMAN
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 1468

    A pistol buffer tube would probably be your best bet.
    "Suck on my machine gun" (Ted Nugent)

    Originally posted by Fishslayer
    "9mm is for killing Europeans. For truly dangerous people you need a .45."
    Originally posted by fighterpilot562
    I showed up naked to ur house with cake. But you weren't home. YOur wife maced me. And I was arrested

    Comment

    • #3
      Sikvenum93
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2014
      • 2181

      Originally posted by kielbasavw
      Im going featurless route, using hammerhead with entry stock attatched to grip. What are my options for buffer tube. I prefer to not use a collapsable stock tube, id like just a straight plain tube.

      Thanks
      Are u sure u wanna attach the stock to the hammerhead? Have u tried it yet? Imo it feels super off balance.
      Wise men seldom speak. - Arcus

      Comment

      • #4
        AreWeFree
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 4558

        With the stock attached to the grip, will the buffer tube then be your cheek rest? If you already have a buffer tube, maybe you'll want to wrap it in cloth tape.

        Although I really can't see any of that working out for consistent cheek weld.

        Comment

        • #5
          kielbasavw
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2011
          • 1611

          I have not shot it yet, but peiced together, it feels comfortable to me. Yes tube could act as a cheek anchor.

          Will a pistol buffer work with a carbine length 300blk?

          Comment

          • #6
            AreWeFree
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 4558

            Yes, standard spring and buffer will work.

            I'd still use a standard carbine buffer and wrap it in cloth tape. That way you'll save some money and still be able to use it for a fixed stock if you ever feel like it.

            Comment

            • #7
              kielbasavw
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 1611

              Your saying carbine buffer and spring will work in pistol tube?

              Comment

              • #8
                AreWeFree
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 4558

                Originally posted by kielbasavw
                Your saying carbine buffer and spring will work in pistol tube?
                Yes, a pistol buffer is the same length as a carbine buffer, but the outside diameter is slightly larger. Still, you should confirm this by checking specs of the pistol buffer you are looking at.

                Comment

                • #9
                  bohoki
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 20826

                  yea i prefer it as a non pistol grip alone also saves me from buying twice

                  i got a spiffy pistol buffer assembly cheap on ebay

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1